Credit Scores

Are there any "cheap" ways of getting FICO scores other than directly through the bureaus? I read people are checking them every couple of days--I pulled my EQF, rechecked it a few days later, same score and it says it won't show different without repaying. Can't believe evrybodies dropping the extra $$$ to recheck scores this often--what am I missing?

Wally

bigwally: You can sign up with PrivacyGuard (www.privacyguard.com) for a 90-day trial for $1. While it gives you an online 3-in-1 report (not the best way to review CRA info), it does give you a ballpark "credit score" (not a true FICO score, but it gives you a ballpark idea of where you stand). You can pull one report per day and, from what others on this board have relayed, the number of soft inquiries generated by pulling a daily report from PG will eventually cause some of your hard inquiries to drop off.

I have paid for separate EQ, EXP and TU reports with their accompanying scores. Perhaps someone else on this board knows the best and cheapest way to pull them online?