Re aging

I have another question. I have seen people talking on here about re aging accounts. I recently disputed several entries on my credit report as being not mine. The new credit report that I got in the mail had a couple of Collection agencies showing an change of date for the date of last status and date of account opening. What does this mean? One of them is Sherman Acq and the other is Midland mangment something.

<blockquote>Originally posted by cowboy72

The new credit report that I got in the mail had a couple of Collection agencies showing an change of date for the date of last status and date of account opening. What does this mean? One of them is Sherman Acq and the other is Midland mangment something.

</blockquote>

Status date is just whenever they last updated/edited any information on your report. Each time they verify, the date will change- nothing to worry about. Opening date should not change, do DV and dispute again and see what happens, keep your reports because in the end, you might have several different reports with different information so clearly, if they keep changing the information, it's incorrect at some point

<blockquote>Originally posted by Carrie99

what should the opening date be say i had a charge off then it went to another company and then to another should it have the opening date of the original company or the opening date of the last one to obtain it??????????

</blockquote>

I don't know what report you're referring to, they each list accounts differently.