I would like your opinion...

I was supposed to settle out of court with Providian, but then they backed out claiming that I didn't prove that I suffered damages(never mind the violations, right?). I have done some research for court, and found out that they have already had to pay put $500 million from 4 lawsuits already and 2 more are pending(one is for insider trader type stuff). Court is in a week and a half on the 26th. Should I let them know I know about the lawsuits before court, or should I spring it on them when I present the evidence to the judge? I'm only suing them for $2500, but the judge could award me up to $5000. I didn't trust them anyway, they are claiming that they did not receive a fax that I have confirmation that they received. It was the "I dispute this account, you have 30 days to prove it is mine" fax, of course. Although I sent all of the faxes to the same number and they admit that they received all of the other ones. Uh-huh, right. So, what do you think?

Then I think you have adequate damages, as long as you have documentation. You may need to go further than small claims court. If your case is strong enough, you could hire a lawyer on a contingency basis and collect more dollars.

The fact that they are already guilty of other violations can only help your case.

Providian is the least of my worries. However, they did do me wrong. In the last letter I sent them, I made them aware of the fact that I did not even sue them for opening an account under my name and social fraudulently. But they are being hard-headed. As I said before,I only sued them for $2500, but the judge can award me up to $5000. Maybe I will just wait until the court date. It's only a week from Monday. I can always sue them in small claims for different charges. I'll post after court.

[Edit by jordanmorganusa on Saturday, August 17, 2002 @ 12:33 PM]

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just got back from court. We tried mediation, but that didn't work. The representative that they sent was not authorized to settle. She tried to call the lawyers back at Providian, but they were not there to sign off on the settlement. Basically, it looks like they will pay me for the extra security that I had to pay for my townhouse due to my credit($1500), for the day off of work($300) and court costs($28). Something else funny that she told me is that one of the boneheaded CAs that I am suing called them and asked if they had been served due to me suing them, because they had. Damn. I guess they have heard about me. Oh well. Doesn't change the fact that they did me wrong. I'll keep you posted.

<blockquote>Originally posted by jordanmorganusa

I already got the deletion, but the account never should have been on my report. Byt the way, the CAs that I am suing found out about Providian because they have been watching these boards. So I am going to be watching what I say. You should, too. Thanks for the support.

</blockquote>

Huh? Serious? How did they you were you? Did they tell you they've been watching the boards? That's freakish.

I wasn't upset. I was just saying that I wouldn't post something like that as a joke. But it's ok. My evidence is irrefutable and I DO have damages. NCO really messed up. I think that their rep that is handling this is going to lose her job. I was willing to not sue them for the other 2 accounts, but now I am. Oh well. I'm cool about it. More trial experience for me.