Sign in to follow this  
jordanmorganusa

Court today

You are not going to believe what these numbskulls tried today. They tried to extort me! When I arrived, they were all huddled together like triplets, talking about me and trying to share info. Like that was going to do anything. Here we go.

NCO-had printouts from other boards that I post on and presented it to the judge! He threw it to the side. She couldn't defend herself and he caught her lying about so much. She FINALLY provided the proof of the debt that I had asked for 6 months for. The judge couldn't see why NCO waited so long to provide something until court. Never mind that I proved their grand negligence. He asked if I wrote it, I admitted I did. However, since he could see that out of more than 150 posts she chose one, he could see what she was trying to do. She tried to get the suit dismissed for wrong venue, and he declined.

IC System-sent someone that couldn't tell you how to SPELL validation if her life depended on it. The jdge ran all over her and caught HER in many lies, too. He kept giving her chances to get out of it, but she dug her own hole-DEEP. She lied about things that I provided irrefutable proof of. How stupid can you be? Real stupid, becasue I got them on negligent AND willful.

Genesis-that woman had better be happy I am a lady, because she tried to shake me down! When you are ordered to show the other side your evidence, the first thing she told me was that she had my posts from the Creditnet forum. The convo ended there. I told her to bring it. The judge did the same as the other one, and threw it to the side. She lied too, and the judge caught her out there as well. Not to mention that he looked at her like a snake about the post print-out. She started backing down when she saw how disgusted he was and claimed then that she didn't come up with it. It had nothing to do with the case(which I told her when she tried the extortion), so it was a waste of time. I'm going to consult my lawyer about the invasion of privacy and see what I can do about that. HEE HEE HEE

So I have to wait a few days to get the judge's ruling in the mail. Since he didn't dismiss and didn't rule in their favor, it looks good. Actually, he was a lawyer standing in for a judge. I'll let you know when I get the results. Meanwhile, stand your ground, be honest and never let the games get you down.

:D You go girl!!!

I would like to know what they thought was in those posts that would help their case?! I have never seen you to be anything but forthright and honest!

I hope the "judge" nails the turkeys! Let us know what happens. I am waiting on pins and needles! LOL

P.S. A couple questions for you:

Did they mention how long it will take for the judge to decide? When do you expect to hear something?

Did you sue all these people in one suit, or did they just happen to schedule all three on the same day? Or did you ask them to? Do you have any control over that? I mean, if I file a bunch of small claims cases at the same time, can I ask for them all to be scheduled on the same day, or do I just get whatever I get?

Good luck -- I am keeping all my fingers crossed for you. :D

Wow. Alot of questions. J/K No problem. I filed 3 different suits in one day and decided to do them all on the same day. I did have a choice of date as well as the option of morning, noon or night court. Why take more time off of work, right? It would have been my fault for doing that and I'll be darned if I let them point that out(like I was trying to get more time off from work in damages). Most likely if you file them on the same day, they will be scheduled on the same day. Or you can have them spaced out. I will have an answer in few days. When I had the continuance for Providian, it came either the next day(court was on a monday) or the day after that. I think it was the next day, though. So I should have it by Wednesday latest. I wll most assuredly post when I get the results. Thank you so much for the support. It's a big part of what keeps me going.

You're my hero jordanmorganusa!!

I'm one of the many cheerleaders on the field saying GO! Go! Go!who support you.

I see in your correspondence that one of the strategies uesed is cool and confident. I will remember that when my time comes.

Oh, I guess it also helped to lay the foundation and have all your proof!

Good Luck! :cool:;)

jordan, Glad to hear about your success, I'll keep my fingers crossed....

I won! It wasn't a lot of money, but I did win all 3 cases.

NCO-$278(just woke up, sorry!)

IC System-$278

Genesis-$350(whoops)

I am happy.

:D

[Edit by jordanmorganusa on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 @ 06:51 AM]

[Edit by jordanmorganusa on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 @ 10:01 AM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by jordanmorganusa

I won! It wasn't a lot of money, but I did win all 3 cases.

NCO-$250

IC System-$278

Genesis-$300

I am happy.

:D

[Edit by jordanmorganusa on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 @ 06:51 AM]

</blockquote>

Congrats to you Jordan. Hopefully, I'll never have to go to court with these bozos, but if I do, I know I'll have tons of support.

Andi

Congratulations Jordan! I'm a very glad to hear about your victory. Are they gonna remove any stuff off of your reports after all of that hard work?

Congrats again,

A

YEAH!

I was sure you would win I just did not know how much.

Do you know what the maximum amount you could have received and what happens if they appeal?I read admin thinks they won't bother...on what grounds could they appeal?

When you receive all that money, buy yourself something nice. That way each time you put it on or look at it you will be slapping those guys face :D Whoohoo!!

Thanks for the support and well wishes. I'm just going to put it aside, I think. I don't know what they will do, but if they appeal, they are worse off in the brain cell department than I thought. I don't need the money, so it's ok. I'm buying a new car soon, so I'll put it towards the down payment or a set of rims for it. I'll keep you posted, this was just round one...

The fact that they work for a collection agency already shows they are brain dead. :)

Jordanmorganusa,

Do you have a street address for NCO? My wife got a stupid statement from NCO that she owes money to some company they represent from an account that was closed years ago. The address on the letter is to: NCO Financial Services , P.O. Box 41457, Dept 99, Philadelphia, PA 19101-1457; however, I found another address one at: 5070 Parkside Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131 she will send them a debt validation letter and warning of violating the FDCPA.

[Edit by jeffbeish on Monday, September 23, 2002 @ 10:26 AM]

jeff,

Not sure if she is around. She said something about a vacation right after her last court date.

Haven't seen her around anywhere for a while, just remembered when you said vacation that I think I heard that too- and it's well deserved.

<blockquote>Originally posted by jordanmorganusa

You are not going to believe what these numbskulls tried today. They tried to extort me! When I arrived, they were all huddled together like triplets, talking about me and trying to share info. Like that was going to do anything. Here we go.

NCO-had printouts from other boards that I post on and presented it to the judge! He threw it to the side. She couldn't defend herself and he caught her lying about so much. She FINALLY provided the proof of the debt that I had asked for 6 months for. The judge couldn't see why NCO waited so long to provide something until court. Never mind that I proved their grand negligence. He asked if I wrote it, I admitted I did. However, since he could see that out of more than 150 posts she chose one, he could see what she was trying to do. She tried to get the suit dismissed for wrong venue, and he declined.

IC System-sent someone that couldn't tell you how to SPELL validation if her life depended on it. The jdge ran all over her and caught HER in many lies, too. He kept giving her chances to get out of it, but she dug her own hole-DEEP. She lied about things that I provided irrefutable proof of. How stupid can you be? Real stupid, becasue I got them on negligent AND willful.

Genesis-that woman had better be happy I am a lady, because she tried to shake me down! When you are ordered to show the other side your evidence, the first thing she told me was that she had my posts from the Creditnet forum. The convo ended there. I told her to bring it. The judge did the same as the other one, and threw it to the side. She lied too, and the judge caught her out there as well. Not to mention that he looked at her like a snake about the post print-out. She started backing down when she saw how disgusted he was and claimed then that she didn't come up with it. It had nothing to do with the case(which I told her when she tried the extortion), so it was a waste of time. I'm going to consult my lawyer about the invasion of privacy and see what I can do about that. HEE HEE HEE

So I have to wait a few days to get the judge's ruling in the mail. Since he didn't dismiss and didn't rule in their favor, it looks good. Actually, he was a lawyer standing in for a judge. I'll let you know when I get the results. Meanwhile, stand your ground, be honest and never let the games get you down.

Jordan, Im curious, how where these DCs/CAs able to link you to post that you had placed on the site? Like did they hire a PI or somthing? and besides that, I thought that almost all sites such as this had a disclaimer stating that the post were only opinions of the people posting, why would they even bring up anything like that in court?

</blockquote>

I have no clue how they found it, but I'll speak more on that on a later date. As far as why use it; why do rapist's defense lawyers always go after the victim? They want to throw blame off of themselves. It's dirty, but it goes to show what we're dealing with. It's a shame, yet it's the truth.