Response from Tu.

life

Ok not good ---

i had disputed a listing with Tu back in Sept -oct they came back with Verified. I then wrote a letter to the C.a and sent it cmrrr and it came back to me as undeliverable unable to forward.

So on dec 2nd i wrote another letter to tu. explaining to them that i had written a letter to the c.a for more information on this alleged debt and that the letter was returned i enclosed a copy of the letter and a copy of the envelope with the info from the post office today in the mail i got a letter from T.u that is useless it tells me about Policy for information retention and their general policy..

So i'm assuming that they are not going to investate this? So i guess my next step is a letter tot he bbb and ftc, attorney general and a intent to sue letter?

The letter from TU regarding retention is just an acknowledgement that they received your dispute. I have gotten several of those, I called requesting a free CR and was told no- since they are re-investigating and would receive a copy- when the investigation is complete. Try calling TU 1 800# and request a copy of your CR- they will tell you the same I sure.

I received the same letter from TU. Here is what i did. I sent them a letter with the signed USPS RRR and reminded them that they did not comply with my original request nor with your rights under teh FDCPA and they still have the 30 day limit from the date on the USPS RRR.

This is just a stall tactict from TU hoping you forget or don't repond. They are a bunch of morons don't let them give you this crap. Show them that you are empowered with knowledge of your rights!

Hope it helps.

Irish

This is what I got from TU (summarizing in my words):

I think you went to credit repair company to fix

the credit during CHOD. Let us know who that

company is so we can send to the appropriate

authorities.

What's up with that? I'm drafting a strong letter

protesting how dare they think I'm going with

some repair company. I'm so ticked off. At least

other CRA asked for more info but TU assumed I was

stupid.....

<blockquote>Originally posted by ├čillcollector

This is what I got from TU (summarizing in my words):

I think you went to credit repair company to fix

the credit during CHOD. Let us know who that

company is so we can send to the appropriate

authorities.

What's up with that? I'm drafting a strong letter

protesting how dare they think I'm going with

some repair company. I'm so ticked off. At least

other CRA asked for more info but TU assumed I was

stupid.....

</blockquote>

A lot of people got that letter, me included.

I'm just ignoring it, as are most of the folks over at CreditNet. It's just a scare tactic, IMO. I wouldn't communicate with TU over ANYTHING until their 30 days is up, or they'll use it as an excuse to extend their time by 15 days.

Heck, I didn't even communicate with them regarding DH's disputes, and they STILL came back with the "we're taking 15 more days" letter.

grrrr.

At the end of the original 30 days I will be sending them a nasty-gram demanding deletion, since I didn't "provide them with additional information" as they claim.

Even if you did use a credit repair company, it isn't illegal. So why would they try contacting the authorities? I know that many on this board suggest not paying someone to help them while Creditnet has on several places said they suggest using someone. I think it is a little like whether you want to pay someone to wash the car or cut the grass. You can do it yourself or you can save time by paying someone else. I have invested a lot of time reading this board, creditnet, creditwrench, and other sites on the net. Add the the time that I have also spent reading books that I checked out from the library or purchased and I probally could have come out cheaper with paying someone else. Unless I am mistaken, it is just a personal choice. I just choose to do it on my own. That doesn't make it anymore wrong for anyone else to pay for the service than when I pay for lawn work or changing the oil. Just my two cents.

Ron

I received a letter from TU as a result of CMRR on the 5th of Dec..

I received a list of my creditors and their addresses...some with phone numbers.

It starts off with:

Thank you for contacting blah, blah, blah... We have provided the information below in response to your request.

Re: General Policy

TransUnion's procedure for investigating disputed information is to contact, by mail or telephone, the source of the information. Each source is advised of your dispute and is requested to verify the accuracy and/or completeness of the information reported.

Once the verification responses are received, the disputed information is updated accordingly. Changes are reflected on the updated credit report that is sent to you at the conclusion of our investigation. If you have any questions regaridng the results of the investigation, please contact the creditor(s) directly

Re: Verification Documents not available

We store information in our records as it is supplied to us by creditors. When information is disputed, we are required to investigate and record the current status of the information. We do not provide dsipute verification responses received from creditors. If you need to obtain documentation or written verification concerning your accounts, then please contact your creditors directly.

The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act requires Transunion to investigate, free of charge, information on your credit report that you believe is inaccurate.

Has anyone else received this bullcrap letter :mad

and if so what can I do? I included documentation for disputed accounts. What! :mad:

There is a reason why they do this. There are alot of poeple that do not know alot abot credit repair so they use a company. I used to do credit repair for people. They send out that letter and people freak out about it and they dont want to do it anymore. I lost a couple of clients that way. Unfortunately, I was a good guy and let them cancel the contract whenevr they wanted. But the CRA thinks if people stop using credit repair comanies because they are scared, then they will not try to do it their self either.

Question is still on the table :notsure: Anyone have answers?

Should I send the second letter to the CRA letting them know they have NOT verified?

Am I correct that the date on the green card is still the 30-day date? :(

TransUnion can't verify my information therefore I cannot see my report online...talk about a$$-backwards :D

<blockquote>Originally posted by admin

So they investigated and then refused to give you the investigation procedure and results? Or did I miss something?

</blockquote>

Thanks for responding admin.

I sent CMRR dispute form letters to the three major CRAs. I received an update from experian, nothing from equifax and the aboved mentioned form letterfrom TU.

All of the letters included documentation of payment to Mervyn's in 1996(copy of receipt and copy of check paid) and a copy of a cease and desist letter to CA AFNI sent in 2001.

I received a letter from AFNI stating that it has been removed from my report and they would forward the request to the three CRA. However, I have not heard anything from TU except this letter.

My question was do I send the second letter(including copy of accepted green card) after the 30-days date on the green card? :notsure:

Also, how do I respond to account investigated, remains the same...no changes. Ia that the same as they have investigated but did not provide the proof?

[Edit by vonniegirl on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 @ 12:56 PM]