need an answer

i have bad credit card debt that is over that is over 2 years old. i got my credit report and it has it on there as charged off. the other day i recieved a phone call from someone stating that they they were a lawyer retained by providian he seemed very unproffesional to me. he threatened to sue me but never told me where he is from or his name nothing just his threats. he said they would put liens on my property etc. the debt is for $1900. i have not recieved anything in the mail from this person. what are the chances that he is for real he hasn't called back. i know that can't garnish any wages because i don't work but if they do take me to court can the put a lien on my property it's not only in my name it has my father's name on it first. my other asset is my car but it's in my mother's name and i'm listed as a co-signer. if you could please answer this i would appreciate it

mistyone

He's for real, but he's pretty toothless, meaning he can't do much to you since you never received a letter from him in the mail, etc, which is a violation of the FDCPA. If he calls again, get his address or at least the name of the company. Once you have these, you can look up the address and mail him a letter.