Judgement filed against me over a year ago by Leasecomm

I had a judgement filed against me from Leasecomm in the early part of last year. I only owed their company a little over $600 dollars. I was almost 6 months behind in making payments. The account was opened in March of 2000. I received the judgement about a year later. Since the judgement was filed it has jumped to over $4000. I want to find if it is legal that filed the judgement against me and what could I do in this matter.

This seems to be Leasecomm's MO. First of all, they didn't sue you in the county in which you live. Secondly, you are supposed to have thirty days to file an Answer to the complaint against you. We have a similar situation with Leasecomm. Please read my posting from a few days ago. Please keep me posted as to what happens with this as we are getting ready to try to have our judgment vacated. We live in CA.