CA calling on old Medical Bill

Hey guys...

I got a letter last friday from a CA on a Medical bill $9,000 that was never billed by the hospital admin to Medicare. At the time of the proceedure I was covered 100% by two (2) insurance firms. The Firm A) paid 80% but the Hospital never billed Medicare for the remaining 20%.

Have any ideas?

Thanks

you need to find out how old the bill is

if it is under 2 years old the ca can have the oc rebill the insurance companies.

if it is over 2 years request proof that they billed the insurance company.

I have read that if the hospital/doctor fails to bill the insurance for some reason or another and the 2 years go buy that they have to send the bill in, that the hospital is soley responsible for the bill, becuase of neglicence on their part.

The bill is 1999- 3 yrs old

<blockquote>Originally posted by doug

Hey guys...

I got a letter last friday from a CA on a Medical bill $9,000 that was never billed by the hospital admin to Medicare. At the time of the proceedure I was covered 100% by two (2) insurance firms. The Firm A) paid 80% but the Hospital never billed Medicare for the remaining 20%.

Have any ideas?

Thanks

</blockquote>