Jump to content

CA calling on old Medical Bill


Recommended Posts

Hey guys...

I got a letter last friday from a CA on a Medical bill $9,000 that was never billed by the hospital admin to Medicare. At the time of the proceedure I was covered 100% by two (2) insurance firms. The Firm A) paid 80% but the Hospital never billed Medicare for the remaining 20%.

Have any ideas?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you need to find out how old the bill is

if it is under 2 years old the ca can have the oc rebill the insurance companies.

if it is over 2 years request proof that they billed the insurance company.

I have read that if the hospital/doctor fails to bill the insurance for some reason or another and the 2 years go buy that they have to send the bill in, that the hospital is soley responsible for the bill, becuase of neglicence on their part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bill is 1999- 3 yrs old

<blockquote>Originally posted by doug

Hey guys...

I got a letter last friday from a CA on a Medical bill $9,000 that was never billed by the hospital admin to Medicare. At the time of the proceedure I was covered 100% by two (2) insurance firms. The Firm A) paid 80% but the Hospital never billed Medicare for the remaining 20%.

Have any ideas?

Thanks

</blockquote>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.