Auto Insurance Judgements

I was in an auto accident 2 years ago this month. At the time I didn't have liability on my car. They said the wreck was my fualt and it did $2300 worth of damage to the other vehicle. The other lady involved in the accident had her license revoked. She wasn't supposed to be driving to begin with. Anyway here insurance company is after me for the $2300.00 and is threatening legal action. The SOL in MS is up in 3 years. I was hoping I would make it another 12 months but now that it is approaching fast the insurance co is putting on pressure. Any suggestions? thanks

Don't know if this will work. Call the insurance company and ask them if they normally insure people who drive while revoked, make note of their response. Call your state's insurance commissioner. Ask them if it is allowable for insurance companies to insure people that drive on revoked licenses. If not, file a complaint against them. If it is allowed or no "law" written, tell them this should not be allowed and you want to file a complaint regarding this whole issue. Recall the company and tell them what you did and why. Be totally honest. You need to understand one thing, you were made liable for the accident and are responsible for the damage. What I am suggesting is not to avoid, but, maybe help in getting a payment schedule more to your liking than theirs. You never know, they may offer a settlement if you prove a sort of negligence on their part. Never give up w/o trying.