credit report

I'm military stationed overseas in italy for 5 years and counting. Back in june 1997 i filed for bankruptcy chapter 13, after several court and lawyer problems I cancelled the bankruptcy in aug 1997. On my credit report I have several marks that say "charged off as a bad debt" some with a balance and some with a balance of 00.00. I also have one that say's "included in banruptcy" balance 00.00. How long will this be on my credit report?? and the ones with a balance, even after a charge off, what is the story with them??? PLEASE HELP ME!! I want to buy a house in Italy in 2 years and need to clean this up. will it ALL go away after 7 years??

Read over this entire site.

1. How long does information stay on my credit report?

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/cr_time.shtml

2. I have several marks that say "charged off as a bad debt" some with a balance and some with a balance of 00.00

Check the SOL on each charge off. Check the date of last activity on each one to see if they are near seven years or past it for that matter. Balance matter, but you need to study the dates. Read about SOL on this site.

3. I also have one that say's "included in bankruptcy" balance 00.00

If I’m ready this right I thought you stated you cancelled filing the bankruptcy. If so, dispute it with the CRA’s.

4. Will it ALL go away after 7 years??

Refer to question 1 and go to the link provide. Yes, in seven years they should go away. Again check the dates of last activity.

[Edit by wclewis on Friday, July 19, 2002 @ 10:25 AM]

[Edit by wclewis on Friday, July 19, 2002 @ 10:25 AM]