Unfortunatly we settled on a judgement (from our HOC) without doing our homework first.

It is reporting Judgement "Satisfied". Can we request a vacate of judgement in the state of MD? Who do we ask the HOC or the courts? What is the likelihood of it being vacated?

Also what about settlements with OC

Thank You

auntieannie (love those pretzels!)

did you pay the whole judgment settlement?

Kb,

I am settling my judgment and i'm asking the creditor to dismiss my judgment afterwards...do u think it will work? Here is my letter below:

I am writing to you regarding case number ______. I appeared in court on Sept 10, 2001. During that appearance I was told to pay $60 a month continued to January 10, 2002. (see attached sheets) I made the payments and was advised that the case would be continued in April and that I would receive notice. I never received notice and have never followed up until now.

I would like to put this matter behind me and settle out the judgment for good. This will save you time and money trying to collect the judgment and will help me recover from the negative entry against me.

I am offering to pay you $____to settle the full debt and have the judgment dismissed.

As the judgment creditor, I understand that you reserve the right to dismiss the judgment as well as entering it. When I pay you from this offer letter saving you immense time, fees and paperwork, I am hoping that you could then file a simple paper with the courts dismissing the judgment. It is extremely important that you dismiss the judgment rather than satisfying it because a satisfied judgment really looks no better for me than a filed judgment.

Upon your signed approval of this offer, I will forward the full settlement to you immediately.

If you agree to "dismiss" the judgment upon full and final payment of $700, then you must sign this offer and acceptance.

Judgment creditor name & signature __________________________________

Date signed _________________________

Thank you for considering my offer. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Do you think this will work? I'm trying to pay 1/2 the judgment I don't want to pay the whole thing.

Ali77;

We only paid partial payment. Several years ago my husband asked an attorney to vacate a judgment before payment paid the full amount and had it vacated. He probably could of gotten away with partial payment and a vacate. I'm learning to be a stronger negotiator and persistance is the key.

(the pretzels are fab:soppy:, I wish I could take credit)

Hey Panda; (that is to cute:D)

I believe I was served properly, but I'm going to:

*check with the courts, verify service.

*politely beg the HOC.

*request courts to vacate judgement if no response.

*dispute with CRA if all else fails.

What about this game plan.

Thanks

:moo: (got milk?)

Hey Annie,

When you paid partial payment what percentage of the debt did they accept? 50%?

<blockquote>Originally posted by AuntieAnnie

Ali77;

We only paid partial payment. Several years ago my husband asked an attorney to vacate a judgment before payment paid the full amount and had it vacated. He probably could of gotten away with partial payment and a vacate. I'm learning to be a stronger negotiator and persistance is the key.

(the pretzels are fab:soppy:, I wish I could take credit)

Hey Panda; (that is to cute:D)

I believe I was served properly, but I'm going to:

*check with the courts, verify service.

*politely beg the HOC.

*request courts to vacate judgement if no response.

*dispute with CRA if all else fails.

What about this game plan.

Thanks

:moo: (got milk?)

</blockquote>