Can CAs do this?

Man, if I ever get this Collect America bunch off my back I'll take a stiff drink. I have sent them four DVs, one returned "not delivered," and complained to the FTC, and just about everyone else, including Planetfeedback.com and My State's Attorney. It is a fraudulent debt collection from a paid-off, with no balance, credit card account I closed 20 years ago! The last time they called the stooge told me they were taking my name off their list because I was wrong person!

Now! My local attorney wrote me that this slime wrote to her asking if she is representing me!!!! Number one: how did this slime know who my lawyer is since I have never told anyone whom or even that I even have a lawyer on retainer! Maybe they got it from the county court records because I am suing Discover Bank and it is recorded.

Well, after talking with my lawyer, she laughed, I told her to disregard this until it was time to sue the scum Collect America. I’m busy with other things now. These people will never sleep or let me alone. I have sent them absolute proof that the account had no balance and was closed in 1983! How can I get rid of this sticky CA without having to deplete my checking account anymore talking to my lawyer! It is just too expensive these days for this old retiree!

calawyer, thanks. I just cannot understand why these people exist. They wrote me a typical nonsense-threatening letter to collect on an alleged credit card account with Maryland National Bank. Well, I have never had any business with this so-called bank and when I checked they were not a regular bank but some small aircraft loan company or such. I called then and I have no record of any kind with that so-called bank. But, this Collect America bunch bugged me until I sent them a DV, then a second and third. When I did not get a reply, nor documents, I sent a forth but it was returned to sender.

Then a several months ago I accidentally answered the phone and it was Collect America! Some lady told me that since they did not have my SSN they must have the wrong person on the account. I agreed and she told me they would remove my name form their records. I rarely buy into phone call promises these days, but they have left me alone, or so it seemed. They called my lawyer. The only way they would know who my lawyer was it check on-line with the local court records where I have two cases – one dismissed with prejudice and one pending but they list my lawyer.

Sorry for the long diatribe -- venting steam is good therapy. I will never respond to them and if it is the closed account I think it is then the SOL is long gone for it, even if I ran out on the loan – which I did not. I think insiders in some banks use inactive accounts and the billing gets so out of whack it is y4ears before anyone finds out about it. That could explain how my ID teft thing got started.

Jeff,

So sorry to hear of your problems with scum bag Collect America :( . Why won't they leave you alone and just die :mad:

Good luck in taking them down, Calawyer had a great suggestion and you don't want to get back into that Identity Theft situation :( .

We are here for you, write whenever you need to vent or ask for help ;)

<blockquote>Originally posted by vonniegirl

Jeff,

So sorry to hear of your problems with scum bag Collect America :( . Why won't they leave you alone and just die :mad:

Good luck in taking them down, Calawyer had a great suggestion and you don't want to get back into that Identity Theft situation :( .

We are here for you, write whenever you need to vent or ask for help ;)

</blockquote>

It isn't some much of a problem as it is irritating. :( They called me several times before I got wise to the lies and deceit. The last lie was too much. But, I may have asked for it because I wrote letters and e-mails to every known Federal and State agency known to mankind, and some more I found on this board, then they must have been irritated with my complaints. With caller ID and privacy they just do not get through. :D

But, that Discover Card court case I have pending (not for long) they list everything on the county court web page so they found my lawyer! That’s okay – it is more ammo. Anyway, since I have documented proof that the account in question was closed and zero 20 years ago they have nothing for in case they want to try me in court. Heck, even my old bank of 23 years in Miami has lost my records! :confused:

When I get this other case done with and launch the counter suit that my lawyer is more than happy to do, I will go after Collect America with both barrels. Since I am retired I do have the time and inclination :):o

Collect America is now swapping around that old bogus CC account from one slime ball to the next. My lawyer told the scum to call me directly. He called. I told him that if they had no documents or signed agreement then be my guest and take me to court. Hum, that made him pause. He asked if I was an attorney because I seemed to know the law well. I didn't tell him about this board :) What really got his attention is who I worked for in th4 Federal Government -- the agency that investigates Fraud! “I’ll have a word with my attorney see what we can do to solved this problem,” he says. I told him to do it in writing because as soon as I get their letter they will get a request for debt validation. They do not have the records, agreements, or anything else – just the debt! GET LOST! I said.

Where did I go worng in this life? WHY ME! :confused::p :p :p