I had a medical bill in Jan 2000 that my health insurance company was supposed to of paid but they never did. I found out my employer did not pay for the week of insurance for that week. A default judgment was entered against me last week and I filed a motion to set aside judgment. My employer found her mistake and sent the payment in for the week of insurance that would cover the bill and my insurance company finally paid the bill last month. My question is, am I still responsible to pay for court costs and attorney fees since they filed suit?

The bill went to collections and the collection agency turn it over to an attorney, who files a summons and complaint. I told them my insurance company was going to pay the bill and the attorneys office even talked to my insurance company and told them they were sending payment. Now that the bill has been paid, the attorney wants us to pay for court cost and attorney fees around 300.00. We never responded to the summons and complaint because the attorneys office told us we didn't have to because we contacted them and the bill was to be paid by the insurance comapny and to wait until they recieved the payment. I then recieved a default judgment for non appearance I don't feel i should have to pay the 300.00, and file a motion to set aside judgment. I have to go to court on April 25th and I don't really know if I have case or not.