Credit Inquiry Removal

I just recently disputed a couple credit inquiries that were on my Equifax credit report. I didn't dispute any specific ones. I just wrote a letter stating that I believed there were incorrect inquiries on my report. I just got a letter back from Equifax showing that they removed one inquiry. I'm not sure if the inquiry was soft, hard, or what, because I don't see it on my credit report or any old credit report I've saved from Equifax.

Does the fact that Equifax removed the inquiry prove that it was unauthorized? Should I write to the company that made the inquiry and demand payment of the penalty for unauthorized inquiries? Do I need a copy of my credit showing the inquiry for proof?

Thanks.

Are you trying to find some way to collect funds or something?

Its gone! Be happy! :) If you sent them a letter saying you wanted *A* inquiry removed and they removed it, whats the problem?

Im sorry but if you have no idea where the inquiry came from, whether its soft or hard, and have no record of this inquiry, then Im pretty sure you dont have a case.

My advice would be to do a little research BEFORE you send letters to the CRA. Get a current copy of your report, sit down and figure out whats not right and then write letters.

Hi and welcome to the board. I'm lost, you say they've deleted an inquiry that you didn't have on your report and you want to write the company and demand payment? It doesn't seem like a very strong case and I wouldn't recommend you doing it. If it was on your report- be happy it's gone now and move on to bigger fish. And read up on the board ;)