charge off ??

I have been reading a lot about SOL and when it starts and all. So far everything I have read stated that the SOL begins shortly after the debt is charged off. But what if the debt was never charged off. I have 1 CC debt that is 6 1/2 years old and every credit report I pull, shows the debt as not being charged off. My question is if a debt is never charged off does the SOL still apply? Second does anyone know of have a good credit report that shows more then just the past 2 years of history on an account? I am trying to get my letter stating I am past the SOL period any help would be great. Thanks

Yes all debt is charged off; just some companies fail to update their reporting to reflect as such.

So you go by the first delinquency to figure the SOL.

On the reporting you would add 180 days to the first delinquency to get the charge off date. Then add 7 years for time of reporting.

As our cute panda lady says, all non-performing debts MUST be charged off per FDIC rules, and that takes place most commonly at 180 days of non-payment. There's a bit of wiggle room in there as to the 180 days, but not much. If its been 6-1/2 years, those things were charged off 6 years ago.