Word "seal" next to signature

I spoke to someone on one of those pre-paid lawyer services today and she contradicted the info I had gotten on SOL. I live in NC and the SOL for written contracts is 3 years according to her, unless the word "seal" is written next to the signature line, and that somehow magically extends the SOL to 10 years. Does anyone have any information on that? We are talking about a contract for the purchase of a car from 1996.

Thanks.

It pertains to a kind contract signed 'under seal'.

5. When a seal is affixed to an instrument, it makes it a specialty, and whether the seal be affixed by a corporation or an individual the effect is the same.

6. Where an instrument concludes with the words, "witness our hands and seals," and is signed by two persons, with only one seal, the jury may infer, from the face of the paper, that the person who signed last, adopted the seal of the first.

It is highly unlikely that this would pertain to your car loan.

Thanks LadynRed...

I'm reading on another forum now that perhaps the whole contract is null & void now, because it was for an auto that was repo'd & sold in 1996. According to my understanding, that means they had only 2 years to go for the insufficient amount, is that correct? Does that change at all if they have reassigned the debt to a CA? (Seems like the answer should be no...)