Agreement to pay or not?

I have been sent an amount owed for cc debt by oc for 5,500.I made a settlement offer for 3,000.Before they replied I received letter from their attorney demanding 8,900 and immediately sent DV.Now have received letter from oc agreeing to offer letter if paid in full which I cannot do.My question is can my offer letter be used as an agreement to pay?Here's the kicker, SOL has already run out!!!! Any suggestions.

<blockquote>Originally posted by longstreet169

I have been sent an amount owed for cc debt by oc for 5,500.I made a settlement offer for 3,000.Before they replied I received letter from their attorney demanding 8,900 and immediately sent DV.Now have received letter from oc agreeing to offer letter if paid in full which I cannot do.My question is can my offer letter be used as an agreement to pay?Here's the kicker, SOL has already run out!!!! Any suggestions.

</blockquote>

If you know and can show that the SOL is up on this, then why are you offering to pay? Why aren't you just sending attorney, CA and OC all a letter stating that the SOL is up and here's my proof! This just shows that they can't sue you for the debt. Then if you want to settle with negotions for it to be removed, etc, they will likely settle for less since they know legally they can't force you for more.