Jump to content

what is a release of judgment?

Recommended Posts

Most states have some procedure for a creditor to acknowledge, in writing, that a judgment has been paid. Most states call this an "acknowledgment of satisfaction of judgment" or something similar. Perhaps it is called a release in your state.

Either way, the CRAs generally refuse to remove all reporting about the debt even after it is satisfied. Usually, you can convince them to change the reporting to "judgment satisfied" or something of that nature. I suspect that such a change will not substantially increase your score since it still signifies that you did not pay a debt, the creditor had to sue, and the creditor prevailed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.