Can't file bankruptcy, how do I get rid of judgement?

Saw a lawyer yesterday about the lien from Ford Motor Credit. He advised us we make too much to file Ch 7, and in Ch 13 we would probably have a 100% repayment plan - so really no point right now of filing.

My concern is to remove this $ 12,000. judgement (which is listed as $ 112,000. for some unknown reason). Has anyone had success with offering a percentage of the judgement in settlement? If so, how high did you have to go? Is there any other way to have it vacated - if the $ 100,000. error is on their part instead of the county clerk's can I allege fraud or something and have the judgement overturned (I know, grasping at straws!!!).

The attorney said our house is really in no danger because they cannot attach to homesteaded property in Florida, however, we have a couple of collector cars, and he said they could sieze one of them to pay the debt (which has my husband totally freaked!!).

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!!

:)

What I would do, is call the attorney or the Collection Agency (whoever is handling this) and offer them an amount such as $3,000.00. They may come back and counter-offer. I had a Judgment for $4,600.00 and settled for $1,500.00. Its worth trying. Good Luck to you.

Thanks Debbie - I was wondering what percentage of the total they might settle for, and what other people had done. I would love to have this off my back, but I certainly can't come up with $ 12,000. cash! I think I'll scrape together what I can and give it a shot!