creditors vs debt collectors: harassment laws?

Hi all, I've been reading up on debt collection practices, and have found that debt collectors cannot contact you at work, if you notify them in writing. But what of original creditors such as Chase and capital one (such as in my case)? Unfortunately, as far as I could see, there's nothing mentioned about original creditors not being allowed to call and harass you every day at work. Is there any way which I can force them to stop contacting me at work? I would appreciate any info., thanks in advance

Depends on your state. Under FDCPA (federal version) original creditors can more or less do what they wish. Attorneys have made me understand that you can get them for this conduct under invasion of privacy and similar claims.

In my state (California), creditors can be sued under the Rosenthal act which closely follows the Federal FDCPA statute.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Lionheart

Depends on your state. Under FDCPA (federal version) original creditors can more or less do what they wish. Attorneys have made me understand that you can get them for this conduct under invasion of privacy and similar claims.

In my state (California), creditors can be sued under the Rosenthal act which closely follows the Federal FDCPA statute.

</blockquote>

Do you have a link to the ROSENTHAL ACT??????