Judgment Advice

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I am be held hostage by Eskanos and Adler.

They will not return my calls and when I had one, my attorney's either.

What I am wondering is how to get them to accept a settlement. I tried to settle with them before they took me to court, but they refuse to settle and from what I have found on the internet, I am not the only one with this problem.

I have no credit. Due to this judgment, I no longer have a bank account (and haven't for almost a year now). Also, my attorney passed away two weeks ago and I really do not know what to do. Help?

<blockquote>Originally posted by LadynRed

Have you tried sending them a settlement offer IN WRITING ??

You'll never get anywhere on the phone, you have to put it on paper and send all letters certified, RRR mail. Keep copies of everything.

</blockquote>

If you send a settlement letter in writing, can you use that in court????

No. Offers of settlement are, under most circumstances, inadmissible in Court. Ironically, it is usually the PLAINTIFF who wants to offer them into evidence to show that the defendant really does owe money (why else would defendant offer to settle?). If you are interested in an example of a statute prohibiting evidence of settlement in court, see California Evidence Code section 1152:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=evid&group=01001-02000&file=1150-1160