Question about Validation

OK fired off validation letters to CA listed on credit report. Got a demand for payment letter back with the name of the untility company, my maiden name and acct number back as proof (OH YEAH>>REAL PROOF THERE JERKS))

Next step is letter#2 telling them that they did not validate the debt. Do I ask them again to validate the debt or do I tell them I want no more correspondence until they do validate?

Im just wanting to know how serious I get with them now?

Thanks in advance guys, you are such a wealth of information!!!

No no no no.

They sent me their collection letter, with my name, acct # and the utility company TYPED in it.

There is nothing with my signature or anything.

The debt is from 97

Im just wondering how seriously I deal with them now since I KNOW they dont have anything with my signature

<blockquote>Originally posted by Sakiawarner

There is nothing with my signature or anything.

/B]</blockquote>

If there is no documentation with your signature they have not provided verification.

Send the second letter. The first one should have had the same effect as a Cease and Desist letter according to admin. Are they harassing you

:mad: ? If they are they are in violation.

Good Luck Hope this helped :)