Providian's turn

:mad:

I had a Providian acct which was included in my CH13 BK. Currently the status on EX is "discharged through CH13/Never Late".

Since Providian filed BK and their accounts are being sent every which way, I figured that they couldn't verify. I did an online dispute with EX and 7 days later it is verified! How the heck???!

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

<blockquote>Originally posted by SCMom

:mad:

I had a Providian acct which was included in my CH13 BK. Currently the status on EX is "discharged through CH13/Never Late".

Since Providian filed BK and their accounts are being sent every which way, I figured that they couldn't verify. I did an online dispute with EX and 7 days later it is verified! How the heck???!

Any ideas?

</blockquote>

I had a similar situation when TU tried to re-insert a vacated judgment. They told me they got the information from the court-the court said they were lying that they NEVER give out that information. I think the next step would be to send a letter demanding that they provide you with how they verified the information. One little trick someone taught me that has worked so far is to put "cc: Atty file" at the bottom. My friend is a lawyer and he actually lets me put his name there with Esq after it. Also, I think you have to let them know you are aware of the FCRA laws. Here is a sample of what I sent to get them moving. I dont know if it's one that someone got from here already:

Your Name

123 Your Street Address

Your City, ST 01234

Big Credit Bureau

Their Street Address

Some City, ST 56789

6/21/1999

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is a formal request for the description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the disputed information, including the business name, address, and telephone number of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with this reinvestigation.

I am disappointed that you have failed to maintain reasonable procedures to assure complete accuracy in the information you publish, and insist you comply with the law by providing the requested information within the 15 days allowed.

For your benefit, and as a gesture of my goodwill, I will restate the relevant dispute:

CREDITOR AGENCY, acct. 123-34567-ABC

As already stated, the listed item is inaccurate and incomplete, and is a very serious error in reporting. Please supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Additionally, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of each credit grantor or other subscriber.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name

file#:123456789 :D

[Edit by jconn40 on Thursday, 21, 2002 @ 10:50 PM]

[Edit by jconn40 on Friday, 22, 2002 @ 01:14 PM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by Mel

I like this letter. Would it be in my best intrest to send a letter such as this to the CRA that just verified an account or send another dispute to the CRA next week while sending a DV to CA?

</blockquote>

This letter is used to dispute a CRA when they come back and say they have verified information. As I said before, they blatantly lie unless you challenge them. Once they say something has been verified, you have a right to know the procedures they use to get verification under the FCRA. And, it let's them know you know it.

Jerry

Thanks, I have been sitting here all afternoon just typing away. I copied that letter and made some changes to suit the situation and will use it for the VERIFIED I got from experian.

This entry I know is incorrect, although they made a change to the balance. I still don't owe it. How can they come up with one balance then another? They are so screwed up.

Again, Thanks