Required verification

When a charged-off debt gets passed around to several different collection agents, does the verification you sent to the first agent apply to subsequent ones?

I have a situation where I've disputed debt and never got a response. Now, without warning or a notification letter, a collection agent I never heard of files suit against me. I think it's the same debt, but I'm not sure.

Based on the info I read here, I immediately sent a letter to this new scum bag collection agency. I have a feeling I'm not going to get anything back from them until the hearing date.

Does anyone know how to answer a complaint in PA? Or, perhaps a website where I can get more info?

Thanks

Wow you are fast! So what I am going to do is write a letter to them stating because the check was not signed by me, they are not allowed to report it as my personal debt and should not be listed on Credit report. so there is no rules that I can quote with it?

Thank you for your time!