suing collection agency

I sent a debt validation letter to a collection agency which they received on 6/16. Today the same collection agency calls my mom's house and is very abusive. Obviously they are in violation and I would like to sue. What proof do I need of the call, other than person's name, time date of call etc. I have never spoken with this collection agency, only found about them from credit report. They are also reaging debt which is past the SOL. I would like to get them on as many things as possible in a lawsuit. Should I call them and tell them I am recording the conversation and see if they do anything else stupid?

• 2 weeks later...

I would check your state laws. There are several states that allow recording without having to disclose you are doing so. I understand your anger! I wouldn’t call them. I would think your main goal is to get the collection off your credit report. Save all those violations as weapons if all else fails. Document everything. Stay on track with the validation steps and keep logging the violations. You may also send a cease/ decease letter to the collection agency. If they continue to harass you, log that with the other violations. It may be easier to go after the CRA if they do not delete the trade line after receiving notification from you that the collection agency failed to validate.