Vailadation letter

I had sent health care collectins a vaildation letter on may 13 2002, I sent them a follow up letter on june 16 2002, today I got a letter in the mail from them with a copy of a patient information sheet signed by my husband for a dental check up in 1989 The reason we are disputing the debt it has $800. worth of his EX-wifes dental and $200 of his sons now the sons we are responsable for and will pay. What should I do and do they need to send something with his signuture stating he is responsabile for the his son's dental bills, and what about the fact that this is not a dental bill from 1989 when my husband had last saw this dentist, and it states nothing about being responsable for his exwife or son.

Ha! you got 'em. 1989???? The statute of limitation is up on this debt (I'll bet, anyway, check it out on the state). If they sent you the contract from 1989, then they have to conceed that this is when the money became due. This means that they also can't report this to the credit bureaus, since 7 years has way gone past. They slit their own throats on this one.