Bank messing with me???

I got a response from a DV letter to an OC...well, it's not really an OC, in fact, I never sent a letter to this bank at all, but somehow they got it forwarded to them from the OC I sent it to since they are the ones that bought them out. (I guess). Anyway, they want my SS# and a COMPLETE COPY OF MY CREDIT REPORT mailed to them before they do any investigation. I could almost understand sending the my SS# but why on earth would they want a copy of my Credit report? It's none of their business.

Should I just ignore this a dispute this with the CRA's?

Thanks

Keith

I can't think of a response suitable for posting on a public website. You don't have to provide jack squat diddly of what they are asking. It's up to them to validate that you are the right person. They are trying to save a few $$$ by not buying a credit report themselves. Ignore these fleas.

<blockquote>Originally posted by bw4444

I can't think of a response suitable for posting on a public website. You don't have to provide jack squat diddly of what they are asking. It's up to them to validate that you are the right person. They are trying to save a few $$$ by not buying a credit report themselves. Ignore these fleas.

</blockquote>

OH, um, I agree. Don't send them your credit report. They should know what, if anything, they're reporting. I would send your SSN and tell them that the SSN should be sufficient for them to find you in their files - and if they can't, then the erroneous listing on your credit report should be retracted and any accounts they may have assigned or sold to any CA's should be recalled at that time as well.

Or, better yet, what I would do (and this is because I'm such a smart a&#036;&#036;) is send them the entire credit report but redact/blackout EVERYTHING except what you were asking for validation on, your name, and your SSN. I mean, I would seriously send them black sheets of paper. They can't then say that you didn't send a copy of your entire credit report ;)

<blockquote>Originally posted by cookiemnster

Or, better yet, what I would do (and this is because I'm such a smart a&#036;&#036;) is send them the entire credit report but redact/blackout EVERYTHING except what you were asking for validation on, your name, and your SSN. I mean, I would seriously send them black sheets of paper. They can't then say that you didn't send a copy of your entire credit report ;)

</blockquote>

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-hah! Made my day. Hey, why not also run it through the copy machine for 6 generations?