ok I have the book but still stupid

I have the book, I read the site, however I am still dumb. Sorry! So far I have gotten one response.......that was just verification. One of the accounts did get deleted. That was cool!! Now I go to DV letters. My questions still remain the same. 1. Is this what I should do even if I owe the money regradless of the circumstances? One doctor did tests that I felt were unwarranted since I self pay I felt I had a right not to pay if I don't want to. What I am saying is maybe it would be easier to write to the original creditor and say look heres the situtation I will pay if you get the collection removed from my report. 2. Or should I just send DV letters and get going that way. Do I send the DV letters to Trans Union, Experian and Equifax or to the original collection agency. I want these off my record. Such a small amount has cost me so much with our remortage. I really thought that when I disputed them originally two years ago that I was in the right and the collection agency's would say yes she has the right not to pay if they over charged or would accept her insurance payment as payment in full. Ha Ha that is not true. There is no protection from anyone charging what they want and then reporting you when they don't like you complaining. One in particular I even sent the product back as it wasn't the right size the product was inferior and I didn't need what was made for me as my diagnosis was missed completely. I would like to sue the offices but that won't do any good and just cost me more money. I am so confused. Help guide me in the right direction. PLEASE

thanks again,

moonstarz

<blockquote>Originally posted by moonstarz154

I have the book, I read the site, however I am still dumb. Sorry!

</blockquote>

You are NOT dumb, there’s so much to learn about this and the more you ask, the more we all can learn from eachother- don’t feel bad and don’t be sorry

1. Is this what I should do even if I owe the money regradless of the circumstances

</blockquote>

I don’t know what you’re doing but if you’re disputing items w. CRA’s and doing debt validation it’s definitely the right thing to do. If you feel that you should pay what you owe that’s great, but do it after they’ve removed the items or validated it and agreed to remove derogs.

What I am saying is maybe it would be easier to write to the original creditor and say look heres the situtation I will pay if you get the collection removed from my report. 2. Or should I just send DV letters and get going that way. Do I send the DV letters to Trans Union, Experian and Equifax or to the original collection agency. I want these off my record.

</blockquote>

Dealing with OC’s is much more difficult than dealing with CA’s. Sure, CA’s may be more abusive but as a debtor, and an informed debtor, you have a lot more rights and protection afforded to you by the FDCPA whereas OC’s only need to comply with the FCRA.

You send disputes to EQ, TU and EX and DV letters to collection agencies. I’d start disputing them with the CRA’s and hope it falls off and if it doesn’t, move on to debt validation.

There is no protection from anyone charging what they want and then reporting you when they don't like you complaining. One in particular I even sent the product back as it wasn't the right size the product was inferior and I didn't need what was made for me as my diagnosis was missed completely

</blockquote>

There is some protection, you just gotta be firm and knowledgeable on what kind of protection. As far as the product you sent back, how long ago was that? If recent you can dispute under the FCBA.

There is no protection from anyone charging what they want and then reporting you when they don't like you complaining. One in particular I even sent the product back as it wasn't the right size the product was inferior and I didn't need what was made for me as my diagnosis was missed completely

OK Last one first. I sent the products back in 2000. It was for orthotics that didn't fit when I got them and then found out that I have Graves Dx and that was why my feet hurt so bad. So when I got them I sent them back right away.

2. Or should I just send DV letters and get going that way. Do I send the DV letters to Trans Union, Experian and Equifax or to the original collection agency. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sent the letter saying they are reporting inaccuate info. So now do I dispute their answer and give my original reasoning or go right into DV and do I send the DV letters to TU, EX, EQ., or somewhere else.

I know I am really not dumb, but this all gives me a headache. I am not set up to do this as I am sure many people aren't. I use to have perfect credit. Now we are forced into a loan rate at 7.35 verses what we could have gotten.

moonstarz

OK Last one first. I sent the products back in 2000. It was for orthotics that didn't fit when I got them and then found out that I have Graves Dx and that was why my feet hurt so bad. So when I got them I sent them back right away.

2. Or should I just send DV letters and get going that way. Do I send the DV letters to Trans Union, Experian and Equifax or to the original collection agency.

</blockquote>

NO, you send DV letters to collection agencies and dispute letters to TU, EX and EQ.

I have sent the letter saying they are reporting inaccuate info. So now do I dispute their answer and give my original reasoning or go right into DV and do I send the DV letters to TU, EX, EQ., or somewhere else.

</blockquote>

What was their answer? I would send them another letter stating that they're continuing to report incorrect information and when you get your green card back (or check delivery status online) dispute with the CRA's (Equifax, Transunion & Experian) as "not mine". They cannot respond to a CRA dispute without a notice that it's in dispute and you may get a violation. If you're lucky, they won't respond at all and it'll be delted. If it comes back verified then you dispute items within the account such as balance, open date, type of account etc.

So in other words we are trying to get them to delete them because we keep complaing to them regarding it. At what point do you send DV letters.

moonstarz

</blockquote>

You don't send DV letters to creditors, you send them to collection agencies.