CA still persuing me

I recently asked for validation of a debt that I know is not mine in October last year. They sent me a signed paper dated 1992. (This was for a vet I used while I was in college. The wording of the 1992 document states: "Responsibility for payment of care is the Direct obligation of person/persons who bring the animal in for treatment. Payment must be made at the time of treatment.") This 1992 document is signed with my maiden name before I was married. Well, now they say I owe them for services rendered in late 1996, but they have no signature documents on this 1996 date, only computer printouts from the vet office detailing services done to this animal. The name of the patient is also a name which I have never had for a pet, I don't even know if it was a cat or a dog or a lizard for that matter! Also, the name they are collecting under is my maiden name. I was married and using my married name in 1994. Also, I had already moved to another state when they say these services took place. How can I word this so they understand that this is not me? I would appreciate any help I could get in this matter.

Frustrated beyond belief,

Snozzberry :(

Either way, it doesn't matter. Unless you're living in RI, the statute of limitations has most definitely RUN OUT on the 1992 alleged debt and unless you're in RI or Wyoming, the 1996 allged debt is ALSO past the SOL.

Send this idiot CA's a cease and desist letter. Tell them that you have no recollection of any such debts and that, at any rate, the statute of limitations has run out and is therefore time-barred. Tell them never to contact you again.

That's ALL you need do if you're not in RI or WY (looonng sol's), don't bother with validation or any other correspondence, just tell them to pound sand and go away ! Make sure you send your letter certified, rrr.

Thank you for the advice. I will send them a letter asking them to investigate the debt and explaining that they have the wrong name too. Lady, I need to get this resolved because they have posted a collection on my TRU report. Since the so called debt occurred before 1997, the collection will stay on my report until 2004 unless I can get this resolved. I am so tempted to call them and give them a piece of my mind, but I know that the certified letter is better. *sigh*