Response From CA

Good Morning & Happy Friday To Everyone!!!!

I sent a validation letter to a CA via CRRR(certified),and received back my card from the post office and received my letter back(Sample letter-identity fraud) from the CA with a posted note attatched to it asking me do I have a copy of a police report and that way the matter could be straightened out and to call the Police Dept???So how should I proceed from here,should I send another validation letter?? Please advise :confused:

I just read somewhere else on the board that a CA asked for a copy of the police report. Is this a new tactic so that they can avoid having to validate? I don't recall seeing anything in the law that requires the consumer to provide a copy of a police report before the CA has to validate the debt. What's up with that?

Hi Kristy,

I also had this happen to me yesterday, I recived a certifed letter from a collection office, stating that they had not recived my first certified letter and becuse I did not send a copy of the return recipet they could not track it. and buy the way they needed a copy of the police report. Well Whats funny about this is the second letter which is the only letter they clamied they got said nothing about identity theft. only the first certifid letter I sent them said identity theft, so now what do I send them copys of the return recipet from the first letter?

tange-

Follow up in 15 days. And thanks for the compliment. It makes this all worth it. :)

Amin-

so now what do I send them copys of the return recipet from the first letter?

I would. They are really digging themselves a hole.