Cease and desist question

After I sent a CA a validation letter w/ a cease and desist and "only contact me by mail" notice, the "Director of legal services" contacted me by email to try to validate (w/ no mini-miranda, by the way...is this another violation?). But contacting me by email after I specifically stated that it must be in writing is a violation of.........what?

<blockquote>Originally posted by demoncasterouter

After I sent a CA a validation letter w/ a cease and desist and "only contact me by mail" notice, the "Director of legal services" contacted me by email to try to validate (w/ no mini-miranda, by the way...is this another violation?). But contacting me by email after I specifically stated that it must be in writing is a violation of.........what?

</blockquote>

Uh email is writing though, did you specify the address to where you wanted communication? How did they get your email?

Hmmm, lets see, you asked for validation, (because you where afraid of fraud) right?

You asked they only contact you by mail(because you where afraid of fraud) right?

They contact you via email,, (which only adds to the feelings of fraud taking place) right?

Being that they contacted you via email, they now fall under the jurisdiction of the IFCC & FBI

IMO, Id run right over to the IFCC site and file complaints agaisnt them, If i where in your shoes, id sure feel as if a fraudulant act was taking place.

I think id also make a copy of the complaint to send to this person acting as a CA and let them know the FBI is now involved and that you need your damn information as requested.Especially if there asking you to send them money.

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

[Edit by georgiaboy on Saturday, January 18, 2003 @ 08:57 PM]

IFCC's mission is to address fraud committed over the Internet. For victims of Internet fraud, IFCC provides a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of a suspected criminal or civil violation.

[Edit by georgiaboy on Saturday, January 18, 2003 @ 09:04 PM]