NEED SOME OPINONS.. SENT VA LETTER.. RECEIVED SETTLEMENT LET

:o I sent out several validation requests last week..... i have received all my green cards back and this afternoon my mailbox is overloaded...

please help me with my next step in the following instances:

1. a couple CA have sent settlement offers ranging from 25%-90% off the balances.... (i am thinking they know they can't validate and are hoping if they throw me a bone i'll bite...) i think i should submit a 15 day letter to them?? anyone have a good one for this instance?

2. i got a computer print out from a CA stating our client is such and such and you owe such and such..... this is not validation correct? am i at a 15 day letter or should i dispute directly with the CRA??

3. THE GOOD NEWS: i received a letter stating per request from the OC and as a courtesy they will submit a UDF and have account deleted immediately... I WON????????

thanks thanks thanks

[Edit by oreome32278 on Monday, January 27, 2003 @ 04:31 PM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by oreome32278

:o I sent out several validation requests last week..... i have received all my green cards back and this afternoon my mailbox is overloaded...

please help me with my next step in the following instances:

</blockquote>

Well, the first thing you should do which I told you before is to immediately dispute these with the bureaus. (had you done disputes first w. the bureaus you might have saved some money on the cmrrr and dealing w. the CA's as a lot falls off during initial disputes)

1. a couple CA have sent settlement offers ranging from 25%-90% off the balances.... (i am thinking they know they can't validate and are hoping if they throw me a bone i'll bite...) i think i should submit a 15 day letter to them?? anyone have a good one for this instance?

</blockquote>

Don't do any settlements, they probably can't validate. I would continue the validation process WHILE DISPUTING with the CRA's simultaneously.

i got a computer print out from a CA stating our client is such and such and you owe such and such..... this is not validation correct? am i at a 15 day letter or should i dispute directly with the CRA??

</blockquote>

Yea, send a partial validation letter stating you have recieved their pathetic attempt at validation and failed, again you're asking for proof. ALSO, dispute w. the CRA

3. THE GOOD NEWS: i received a letter stating per request from the OC and as a courtesy they will submit a UDF and have account deleted immediately... I WON????????

</blockquote>

Yes you did, excellent. You may want to ask them for forward you a copy of the UDF in case the CRA "conveniently" never got it