thanks every one

I can't thank every one enough. I had the problem with my daughter and her boyfriend using my husband's credit cards. I was such a mess with the calls. I have sent a cease and desist letter and then the debt validation letters to allied interest, capital recovery service and first select on March, 5th. I got the green cards back. Should I send the debt validation letter again? Should I pay for a credit check to see if my name is in the credit bureau? I don't know if our name is in, we did not apply for any credit. Once again, thank you so very much. Depression is gone. carol

Since you have CC's, the CRA's have you on file. Those companies have been reporting you since the beginning. You could order a copy of each report from each CRA. Do not order a 3in1. Then, you can see what is being reported, then follow the advice here. Myself, I would wait the 30 days from their receipt of letter before sending another one. Others will say do it now. It's up to you.

• 6 months later...

I have been doing so well. The collection agencies gave me a nice break. it was wonderful that they were not calling. Now, a collection agency calls from oklahma. I did find their name and address in the yellow pages on the mns home page. I will send letters to them as well. They call every day, some times twice a day. I did not understand that they must send a letter before calling. I did not receive any letters from this new collection agency. happy to hear from you all again. Carol