Spydc

*****ociates/Citibank Student Cards

I have 2 creditcards with them. A visa and mastercard that i have had for about 3 years or so. The past few months i was unable to make payments since i have lost my job. My minimum monthly payments got as high as $1000 for each. I figured that a debt settlement program was the way to go. However, i was offered a hardship program where if i made 3 payments of $177 on my visa and 3 payments $71 on my mastercard, then my account would be reported as current. In addition, they lowered my interest rate to around 8 percent.. Now I read in another post that an individual got a similar settlement with them. Also, he managed to negotiate for them to update his (CRA?) and eliminate any past dues on his accounts. Now how would i go about doing that as well? Where would i write to. Thanks!

[Edit by Spydc on [TIME]1056419901[/TIME]]

That remined me, sometimes creditors will offer re-aging the account (meaning that if you meet there requirements and catch up the account) they will wipe out the late reportings. This is usually just a one time offer, and not all creditors do this, but you can call in customer service and ask if they have this program to help you get back in the positive again with them.