CRA's bogus Credit Repair Clinic letter

The CRA’s have been sending me the bogus credit repair clinic letters insinuating that I am using one. I am assuming that this is a stall tactic so that the CRA’s don’t have to investigate my dispute. Below is a notation that I am considering adding at the bottom of every dispute that I mail out to the CRA’s. I am interested in anyone’s opinion of this notation.

Important Note:[TAB]

I alone wrote this formal complaint in its entirety. I have had absolutely no assistance from any third party such as a credit repair clinic; therefore you are totally obligated under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to fully investigate this consumer dispute.

[Edit by Ravenous Wolf on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 @ 10:02 PM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by Ravenous Wolf

I have had absolutely no assistance from any third party such as a credit repair clinic; therefore you are totally obligated under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to fully investigate this consumer dispute.

</blockquote>

So what if you did? They would still have to investigate. It is not against the law to dispute your credit information, whether you do it alone or use a third party.

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote>Originally posted by Ravenous Wolf

For the past two months, I think almost every letter I have gotten from TU and Experian have included the bogus credit repair clinic letter.

I get the impression that it is just another way for them to weasel out of investigating a consumer dispute.

</blockquote>

You need to just keep at it. Even if you were using a credit repair co. it doesn't mean you don't have a right to dispute items. When you get the letters back, do they simply not investigate and you don't call/write/fax them back?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the same one. It looks like they are not doing anything after. No notation of investigation is in process or anything. If the 30-40 days are up, you should be able to have what was asked in original letter to them done. Especially if you sent it CMRR, right? I am on day 22 and see no change on my credit report. I disputed 3 as not mine. 2 as always paid on time for a 30 day late notation.

What are others experiences after getting this bogus letter from TU?

They send that to everyone, just to try to discourage them from trying to repair. I get it every time from TU, and I believe I have gotten it from EX too. They're not trying to get out of it, they're just trying to down play anyone trying to repair their credit.

If you listen closely, you can here Darth Vader breathing......and I think I here him saying "Luke.....it is useless to resist us....".

Yeah, the CRA's first tactics of trying to discourage people was to say "paying your bills on time, and time are the only things that will repair your credit". That didn't work, so now they're trying to make you think that any repair help/tips is useless, and that you should report these "helpers" to them.