I hate Experian too

Anonymous

I mailed Experian a procedure req. letter on the accounts that came back verified- They just put one of the accounts "back in blue"

I recently refinanced by car at 6% less finance charge- Yeah that I am happy about. When they updated the account w/ experian as a closed account- 12000.00 paid, my score only went up 5 points, That really bites.

Maybe when the new OC reports the account- and my new chevron account starts reporting, my score will go up more.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Candy

Maybe when the new OC reports the account- and my new chevron account starts reporting, my score will go up more.

</blockquote>

The Chevron will probably not report the credit limit but if you call the number on the back of the card and tell them to report it, they will. If they don't, your utilization will be skewed so make sure it reports it.

I have been trying to get EX to update the payment history on my CU MC since last December. Although my CR shows a 60-day late in '97, the CU only maintains records for 30-months and the card issuer only goes back a total of 13-months. So how does EX continue to 'verify' the payment history beyond that?

I called and asked this very question as well as requesting EX provide me with a letter showing the procedure used. The CSR told me that she would send the letter but that all it would show was that the account was verified by automated database inquiry! She also stated that if I provide documentation of payment history from OC that she would update the payment history.

So now I am awaiting a letter from CU that outlines payment history (5-pages all showing zero's in past due columns). If they do not update the TL after this then I will be having a day in court (probably helps that the wife is a lawyer)!

[Edit by ms6073 on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 @ 12:51 PM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

Swede

you were right-Chevron reported my account yesterday with no limit. I called them this morning to report the CL. No score change with experian

</blockquote>

It can't possibly have been updated with EX already if they did it this morning.... if it is, I'll be mad, mine took 4 weeks :(

</blockquote>

I called them this morning to report the CL. No score change with experian

</blockquote>

I'm sorry if I was confusing. I thought you meant that you called, they reported the limit after you called and there was no change in the score yet. Sorry, my bad. I understand what you mean now, it should be a little while before it updates.

UPDATE

Received letter from EXP today- Stating that the two accounts have been verified already and they will not re-investigate. I did not ask them to re-investigate- I asked them for a description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy, of the accounts they verified.

They did start an investigation on an account that they already investigtated in Dec- based on my letter.

Wow looks like EXP & I will be doing the small claims court dance very soon.