Transunion Validates CA didnt respond to my letter?

Thanks to you all this is my new found hobby/love. Yeah right you might think.

Situtation:

I sent a DV letter registered mail about 2 months ago to American Agencies. This was an old roomates phone bill from Pac Bell. The collection account has been paid in full about 2 years ago. I want it off. American Agencies never responded to DV letter.

Transunion now says that they have validtated the debt and it should remain. How can this be? What would you all suggest for my next step?

Thanks for your help as always!!!

You are going to find that all of the processes of the 3 CRA's are not consistant. If you followed your new hobby better, you would have read all there is to offer on this site and discovered that you have needed to follow up with the CRA (TU) and show proof of non-validation of debt by collection agency with your CMRR corespondence. You should have done that. There are even sample letters on how to do this. The other 2 company's may have deleted because it might not have been worth their time, or some other reason, even not being your account. The debt may be valid. Without knowing all the pertenent information it is difficult to answer. But if your new hobby discovered that everything be sent CCRM and you did, you can have it deleted, agian, with a nice letter that can be found on this site.

Welcome Aboard.

[Edit by timbercreektech on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 @ 01:07 AM]

First off, welcome to the board Lewis :) You're right, this stuff can be very addictive and I know what you mean with your "hobby".

I would send another letter to AA and remind them that again, you're asking for validation, that they have failed to provide you with proof yet continued collection activity by updating their records with the CRA without a notice of the dispute (TU's crap** software doesn't have the capability to show disputes anyway) and that you will give them 15 days to prove or remove. When you know they have your letter, dispute again with the CRA using a different dispute, like wrong balance or wrong open date- whatever. Hopefully, they'll get the picture that you're not unaware of the law and that they are better off deleting it. You'll need to create a papertrail that shows that you've tried several times to get them to prove to you that you are the person responsible for the debt and that the amount is right. If this doesn't work, file complaints with the FTC/BBB/AG/PFB. In the end, you'll be in good position to show the judge (if it comes to that) that you did try every avenue before bringing it to him. I doubt sending a letter to the CRA stating that the CA didn't validate with you will remove it from your files.

<blockquote>Originally posted by timbercreektech

You are going to find that all of the processes of the 3 CRA's are not consistant. If you followed your new hobby better, you would have read all there is to offer on this site and discovered that you have needed to follow up with the CRA (TU) and show proof of non-validation of debt by collection agency with your CMRR corespondence. You should have done that. There are even sample letters on how to do this. The other 2 company's may have deleted because it might not have been worth their time, or some other reason, even not being your account. The debt may be valid. Without knowing all the pertenent information it is difficult to answer. But if your new hobby discovered that everything be sent CCRM and you did, you can have it deleted, agian, with a nice letter that can be found on this site.

</blockquote>

Not sure if I'm misreading your response but it seems a little "unwelcoming" to the guy, especially since he has in fact been reading up reading up on the board and have already been working on his credit repair but just couldn't find the answer to his question. Also, the poster said he did send it registered so it seems he has been paying attention.