Please Help!!

I settle a debt with Park Dasan orginal creditor Sprint. I settle it and they removed it from report back in 2000. Stupid me did not keep record. Now Sherman Acquisition is reporting on it 3 years later! I have disputed it twice, debt verified! When I orginally open this account with Sprint it was in 1996. So why is the the collection company saying it was open since 2002 and able to verify with CRA? I ask the CRA third time to dispute account on grounds collection reageing debt from 1996 to 2002, they said no take it up with the creditor. Please tell what can I do? I'm plain to by a car with the next two months

• 2 weeks later...

Do exactly that. Send a DV letter to the CA along with a C&D. In it, you will disclose all that you have already said. Do you have anything, such as cancelled check, etc. to prove you paid? You need to put the burden on them as to the dates and validity of the debt. To inform you, they are debt buyers and are bound by the FDCPA. You already have them on a violation for re-aging account. Be sure to tell them you are aware of the violation and they must remove immediately or you will sue them. Don't let them have the upper hand.

So settle down, scan through other posts and sections of the site to learn which laws and how to write your letter. Everything you need is right here. Keep us informed.

Just send them a debt validation letter that states that ANY form of reporting on your report they might have done without validating the debt will be considered fraud. Make sure you send it cmrr and as soon as you have a signature.. dispute it. If they verify during dispute time.. sue the crap out of em