PLEASE HELP with SEARS

I settled my account with Pioneer, the collection agency for Sears. The problem is: they won't give me a doggone letter stating that I paid them so I can give it to the underwriters for my mortgage. They say I have to wait for 30 days and that they sent it back to Sears as a settled in full account. My question is: If I have freakin' paid them, why can't I get a letter saying so? And what law backs me up?

Call them back and demand to speak with the manager - tell them that you require for them to fax confirmation that the account is paid at the least. Sent to you or directly to the bank.

I had one try that with me; but I would not put of with that one bit. Got the letters faxed that same day.

I did that. I even had the loan officer speak with them. He said their screen shows that it is paid but he can not simply print it out. He says it is illegal to do so because Sears has my account again, not the collection agency. But I can't call Sears for a letter...they will revert me back to the CA.

I thought it would take longer than way. I guess I will try to find one of my credit reports from all of the credit bureaus and call them and try to fax them the dispute as soon as possible instead of mailing everything. If I have to mail... I might as well wait until Sears wants to send me my letter.

Oh, I called again and spoke to a supervisor, and he said fax him a copy of the cancelled check and he will mail out a letter to get to me by Wednesday. We will see what happens.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Deja357

I did that. I even had the loan officer speak with them. He said their screen shows that it is paid but he can not simply print it out. He says it is illegal to do so because Sears has my account again, not the collection agency. But I can't call Sears for a letter...they will revert me back to the CA.

That is a good thing in one way; they returned the account to OC so you can demand that they UDF (Universal Data Form) the CRA to have the tradeline removed since they no longer have your account.

UDF forms can be faxed to TransUnion & Equifax; Bullseye for Experian. Working for a credit bureau myself; processing RMCR (residencial mortgage credit reports). What I do is contact creditors verify debt & update the report for the banks purpose of processing loan. If a creditor or collection agency tells me that the account has been retracted by the OC and that they can't give confirmation than the account gets removed from the report viewed by the bank not the CRA's report that is up to the consumer to follow up and have happen just the same.

And that the letter they send you should also reflect this fact that the account has been retracted.

That leaves you left with the OC's reporting; but I would call them and hound them till you get confirmation on this matter. Don't accept their excuses; keep insisting on speaking with someone till the matter is resolved.

</blockquote>