geez man

I recently disputed 2 TL's with EQ and sent off a letter last month and received a reply today essentially intimating that I am using a "credit repair agency." The thing is, although I looked at some generic intial dispute letters this was basically my own work. Also, this is the first time ever I have disputed anything on my CR. Ever. What really gets me is these 2 TL's (negative) were reported by Orchard Bank-I have never, ever had anything to do with them. Instead of investigating my dispute they waste time on this letter. I was so pissed I was gonna call them but I thought I would vent here.

Are they sending these letters out as a matter of course or was I just picked out of the crowd.

Thanks

Chris

I wouldn't worry about, hoping you sent them CMRRR you have proof when they recieved it and after 30 days I'd call and demand deletion. They are known for sending these letters and still investigating. Either way, it's not against the law for you to use a company to help you with your reports.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

I wouldn't worry about, hoping you sent them CMRRR you have proof when they recieved it and after 30 days I'd call and demand deletion. They are known for sending these letters and still investigating. Either way, it's not against the law for you to use a company to help you with your reports.

</blockquote>

I have had some issues where Experian has not verified in 30 days. I sent them a letter demanding that they delete. Do you think I should wait on the letter? In your post you say to call them and demand???

<blockquote>Originally posted by hollypc

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

</blockquote>

Time's up! 30 calendar days PERIOD. Fax or call but definately get them to follow the FCRA which is very strict in regards to investigations.

I have had some issues where Experian has not verified in 30 days. I sent them a letter demanding that they delete. Do you think I should wait on the letter? In your post you say to call them and demand???

[Edit by Swede on Monday, April 7, 2003 @ 07:03 PM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by morrow

LOL Swede I love your alien!! Thats awesome!

</blockquote>

Hahaha, thanks. But I have to give credit to Kimber, she found it for me and thought it was appropriate, a drunk alien.....hmmmm :eek:

<blockquote>

Time's up! 30 calendar days PERIOD. Fax or call but definately get them to follow the FCRA which is very strict in regards to investigations.

</blockquote>

So I called them today to follow-up on my letter that they signed for yesterday. And she took my information and told me that she would look into it and get back to me within 3 days. She said that was all she could do.

But she did say that one of my accounts was now in dispute so they must have gotten my letter. But I don't want an investigation now, I thought by law if they don't investigate in 30 days they have to delete.

But she did say that one of my accounts was now in dispute so they must have gotten my letter. But I don't want an investigation now, I thought by law if they don't investigate in 30 days they have to delete.

</blockquote>

Yep- call back and get a manager on the phone-don't back down.

I am about to drive to Texas...

I called back numerous times..got hung up on twice...they wouldn't let me speak to a manager.

Now my current address, the only one that is on there is all wrong after the second lady hung up on me.

And best of all now all of my report numbers have been blocked and I cannot get through.

I am sending an ITS letter tomorrow.

[Edit by hollypc on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 @ 03:51 PM]

And best of all now all of my report numbers have been blocked and I cannot get through.

I am sending an ITS letter tomorrow.

</blockquote>

WTF!!!! Did they block your online access as well? That's total f****** bulls**t

Yes they did. I even tried to buy a report online and it won't let me. I'm pissed. I've calmed down now. Hey if they want to do that then they won't mind paying me when I sue them.

I read somewhere about telling them they are violating my rights and since they can't provide me with a credit report they need to delete the whole thing.

I have the ITS letter done and it is getting mailed tomorrow.

</blockquote>

You go girl!

EQ blocked me yesterday as well. I called them today and they said that they were verifying my name! What the heck does that mean? I have had no problem accessing my report for the past month. I did just send them a CMRRR dispute letter on 04/02, so they probably just received it and then decided to block me. The rep told me that I was in the system and that they were working on the problem and that I will be e-mailed when the problem is fixed. Yea Right!

Anyways go get'em!

;)

I wish we could find a way of getting back at these companies. I just read John Grisham's book the king of torts. Maybe we should do this....alk with a lawyer, and file a mass tort against these m**her fu*k**s. They are totally biased. I paid off 65,000 dollars worth of loans after my bk and get this, all we're I1 never even a 10 day late, and you know what my score went up.....60 points. I s**t you not. Now get this, I had anegative item on my credit (which has since been deleted) for a whopping 65.00 and my credit score went down 38 points. I DESPISE THE PEOPLE WHO COME UP WITH FICO AND OTHER BIASED CREDIT SCORING SYSTEMS.