Equifax just over 30 ???

Sent dispute to EQ 3/11/03 was signed for on 3/14/03. They didn't actually put in dispute until 3/26/03. On Monday I faxed them a letter stating that the 30 days were up (with copies of everything) and asked for removal. This morning I sent them 2nd fax w/copy of fax transmission from Monday again asking for removal. About an hour later I pull pg and they are showing 1 of the items as checked instead of "comsumer disputes" and the other is just listed the same as it was prior to dispute. Even though they are only over the 30 days by a couple of days, can I push for removal or do I need to request procedure for verification and start again?

Thanks

paw67

So basically, after your 30 days were up, you immediatly tried faxing them a letter, stating that they failed to get back within 30 days and demanded deletion?

I would like to know cause I have two more days! And I would like to know where to *put my foot before I step*

<blockquote>Originally posted by morrow

So basically, after your 30 days were up, you immediatly tried faxing them a letter, stating that they failed to get back within 30 days and demanded deletion?

I would like to know cause I have two more days! And I would like to know where to *put my foot before I step*

</blockquote>

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I'm not sure if they just went ahead and said they were verified thinking that I would just drop it (I'm not going to) or if they actually verified. Just seems strange that nothing has happened until I send fax requesting removal. I will keep fighting it as long as necessary. I did DH's on the same days and he still hasn't had any changes.

Any suggestions??

paw67

Not yet, 30 days is up tomorrow.

Im going to FAX them a nasty letter if I dont recieve anything tomorrow and paw67 is having problems with them even acknowledging his FAXES.

How do you deal with that? Or is FAXING them just plain dumb?

Well... I am doing everything via CRRR..I am not faxing those idiots. This way I can write them a nasty letter, include a copy of green slip, along with copy of the letter that I sent them asking for investigation. This way, they will get nice fat envelope with bunch of documents.I will also include paragraphs from FCRA so they can see I know what my rights are.

I am very curious on how my TU investigation will turn out. I changed my tactics and tried a nice letter asking them very very nicely to remove the account which are not mine.. lol we'll see how that one will turn out

Thanks creditmess & morrow for the replies. No response from them as of yet. I have faxed them twice saying you are over your 30 days to investigate. 1st fax was nice but firm. 2nd fax not as nice -- said, you had your chance and failed, so delete now (also quoted the FCRA). I did go ahead and send it in the mail today via CMRRR and included copies of the fax transmissions for the 2 faxes I sent. I was only disputing 2 items on my report but had 11 on DH's report (4 of which they never actually put into dispute). I think maybe they just updated mine when they got my fax and hoped I would drop it and go away...fat chance of that happening. They haven't updated anything on DH's report.

Well, good luck to both of you tomorrow!! If I were you I would fax them the letter and then also send via CMRRR including copy of fax transmission that way they will have your request immediately and you will still have the cmrrr (just a thought).

Thanks

paw67

[Edit by paw67 on Thursday, April 17, 2003 @ 02:05 PM]

I was wondering if online is a more attentive way to go. They offer proof of your investigation reciept and a print page with date start and date end. Could this be

A) Better proof. They sure can't say they didn't recive it

B) It has to be in right away since it generated a confirmation.

C) Not to mention cheaper! How much is a usps CRRR? $4-$6?

I just wonder what is the best way to go. :confused:

edubb - The reason I feel it is better to send disputes CMRRR is because sometimes the delay in them starting the investigation can lessen the 30 days that they have to complete. For example, I sent 1st round to EQ on 3/11/03 - they received on 3/14/03 - they didn't actually start the disputes until 3/26/03. By sending them CMRRR they obviously sat on someones desk for several days before they started the investigaion and therefore, they lost 12 days to investigate. Only left themselves 18 days to complete. The 30 days starts on the date that they actually receive the dispute not when they actually decide to put in dispute.

Hope this helps.

paw67