CRA needs my Marriage certificate!

I called EQ today because they have sent me 2 seperate CR's in the past week, 2 seperate files on me. I was so confused so I asked why? They told me that my 1st CR was under my maiden name and that because I never notified them when I got married that they started a new file on me! My 2nd report has my married name on it and 3 accounts and inquiries that are not on my 1st report. It's like I have a double life! Of course both reports have my correct SSN and address etc... Now they say that I have to send them my drivers lisense, MARRIAGE certificate, both CR's highlighted with notes and my first born son! Then she said that MAYBE they could combine the files. Now I know why for 2 weeks they and I haven't been able to access my CR on-line. They have NO CLUE what they are doing. I have never heard of anyone having to notify the CRA's that they got married! I've been married for 12 years. Oh yea and this is my second marriage so maybe they actually have 3 reports on me! Not to mention the 14 other names listed on my report. It is so confusing. You would think that is why you have a SSN!

<blockquote>Originally posted by capepuffin

I am going to send all of this info. minus my son to them on Monday.</blockquote>

Yeah, thats a good idea to not send your son to the CRA, if he's a big boy, shipping could be outrageous!

;)

<blockquote>Originally posted by morrow

<blockquote>Originally posted by capepuffin

I am going to send all of this info. minus my son to them on Monday.</blockquote>

Yeah, thats a good idea to not send your son to the CRA, if he's a big boy, shipping could be outrageous!

;)

</blockquote>

Thanks for the laugh morrow!

I just sent my daughter to France and that was expensive enough. I Definately can't afford anymore shipping charges from children!

:p

LMAO :p You know it is so funny you posted this today. While I was at work I found & called CSC about a split file; was interesting I had seen these before but never gave them any mind. Other then wondering why the consumer had 2 credit scores.

You definitely have my number. lol

Usually the CRAs don't ask for these things - but once in a while they can really fix things right up. I consider it to be a lost cause in privacy when it comes to the CRAs. In all likelihood they have about everything to begin with.

If you be shipping any children out - try ground delivery bulk mail. :p;)

<blockquote>Originally posted by kb9tbq

If you be shipping any children out - try ground delivery bulk mail. :p;)</blockquote>

Is that cheaper? Because I have a four year old and a five year old, Im wondering if maybe I could get a two-for-one deal or something.

Or I could just squeeze them both in a box, NO! Im not that mean! I would totally poke some holes in it before I put them in there!

:p

A lot cheaper than me trying to fit 5 teenage kids into one box for sure. :boggle: And no you don't nessasarily need to add holes; more than one kid in a box will result in the holes after they get to fighting.

Sry as you should know; I have 5 step kids & finally the last one 18 years old moved out just less than a few weeks ago. FREEDOM FINALLY.

CapePuffin,

You only have 14 names? How would you like to be the person with this ss#?

Monday 03/24/03 9:47 AM

What are others doing about identifying illegal aliens?

What are others doing about those who convert to a different religion and then change their names to reflect this? Mohammed etc.?

Do illiegal aliens have the same FDCPA rights?

I pulled up one SSN and 161 people were using the same number.

Jim :-)

This is from a site used by collection agencies. The respondants actually started thinking and came to the conclusion that this may be a fraud ring in operation!

<blockquote>Originally posted by bingo

I pulled up one SSN and 161 people were using the same number.

This is from a site used by collection agencies. The respondants actually started thinking and came to the conclusion that this may be a fraud ring in operation!

I have only seen files with 2 or 3 different names at a time; but I have on the other hand seen files that had up to 6 social security numbers on one person.

Need to get all but one of them names deleted off of your file. Then use only that one (recommended to use full name all the time - when you apply with any company that will do a credit check).

Have to clean mine up all the time - since no one can spell Pammila right. :upsidown: And I also have a common last name that is used as a first name just an off spelling here. :rolleyes:

</blockquote>

After running around like a chicken for 3 days with my head cut off, I was able to get her an emergency passport and switch her tickets. So she is now in France after an extra $600.00 on top of the $1500. I had to pay for the school trip. But I am thankful that she made it. She may never have another opportunity to go there, who knows.

I can't wait to get EQ straightened out. So I have some work to do tonight copying , highlighting etc...

I got a letter back from EX after my 2nd round of disputes saying that these 2 accounts were all ready investigated. Makes me mad.

I first disputed on-line as 'not mine,' 2nd time I sent a letter CMRRR stating that the 'account status' was totally incorrect(it actually is.) So I guess I will send procedural request next.