My score jumped!

I just pulled another report/score form EQ. I started disputing a few old accounts last week. My score went from 625 to 670. Will it go back down after the outcome of their investigation? If the OC validates? Or will my new accounts keep it the same? (I was granted a total of $5500.00 in cards last week)My paln is to spend a little and pay it right off rotaing the cards to start a cycle of paying on time. I have 2 major credit cards now with no late pays on them and little balances. I will not be applying for anymore credit for at least a year.

So many questions, I know. But you guys have been the best! If it wasn't for this forum, I would still be feeling hopeless.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Lizzy

I just pulled another report/score form EQ. I started disputing a few old accounts last week. My score went from 625 to 670. Will it go back down after the outcome of their investigation? If the OC validates? Or will my new accounts keep it the same?

</blockquote>

During EQ disputes, the score doesn't take into consideration the disputed items so if the items are deleted, then your scores will stay, however, if they're verified, it'll go back to what it was before (of course if there's other changes to your report it may not be the exact same score as pre-dispute)

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

<blockquote>Originally posted by Lizzy

I just pulled another report/score form EQ. I started disputing a few old accounts last week. My score went from 625 to 670. Will it go back down after the outcome of their investigation? If the OC validates? Or will my new accounts keep it the same?

</blockquote>

During EQ disputes, the score doesn't take into consideration the disputed items so if the items are deleted, then your scores will stay, however, if they're verified, it'll go back to what it was before (of course if there's other changes to your report it may not be the exact same score as pre-dispute)

</blockquote>

So it jumped from me disputing? Because I was shocked to see it go from 627 to 670. That is a big jump. I looked back at the first report I paid for and some of the bad stuff was not included in my FICO score like the one I pulled last week. They all are on there, but say "under investigation" so I am assuming they are not including those until verified maybe?

[Edit by Lizzy on Thursday, May 1, 2003 @ 10:05 AM]