?? CIC Credit Monitoring Service

Does anyone know who CIC Credit Monitoring Service is? I believe it to be billing for EQ or EXP credit monitoring but do know which. DH & I have used both services. In March DH had EQ & I had EXP and for 30 day trials and have both cancelled prior to trial period expiring. In April I had EQ & DH had EXP and both were cancelled prior to trial expiring but as of yesterday, I had a charge posted to my credit card for $79.95 from this company. The only 1 I had trouble cancelling was my EQ because they were having technical difficulty but there service says it is $69.95. I have the email from EXP that shows his account with them was cancelled on 5/1/03. Fortunately, I monitor my credit cards online quite often so I noticed the charge right away and my cc company allows me to dispute an item online right away, which is what I did. Any thoughts on who this company is billing for??

Thanks!!

paw67

Well, I called the number listed on my cc account and it was for consumerinfo.com. They stated that I signed up for their 30 day credit monitoring service and I didn't cancel in 30 days. I said that I had NOT signed up with them and that I currently only had pg and was still well within the 90 day trial. She verified all of my personal info (ssn#, dob, addy, mothers maiden name etc) which is scary. I asked her what day the account was opened and she said 4/5/03. I told here that was the exact day that I signed up for pg and she said they have nothing to do with them. I then proceeded to ask her why then, everytime I pull my report via pg does it show an inquiry from consumerinfo.com. She didn't have an answer all she would say is, " I have cancelled your account". I have the charge in dispute with the cc company and I am not cancelling the dispute until I see the credit. She said it would take 7-10 days. Funny thing is, when they charge it, the charge only takes 1 day to show up so I wonder why the credit takes so long. I am sure that this has something to do with pg because they couldn't have gotten my info anywhere else. I will definately be watching to make sure they do not try to charge again.

paw67

[Edit by paw67 on Thursday, May 8, 2003 @ 06:10 PM]