CRA re-assigning bad debts?

Hi,

I just got a credit report from Experian. I'm in my 20's and it is the first time I have done so. I have bad credit (I have known this for awhile), but interestingly enough, many items I expected to be on there are not.

First off, under personal information, all my siblings names are listed. In addition, the rest of the profile (ss#,DL#,DOB,tel.# etc....) listed are either erroneous or belong to one of my siblings.

As a result, my siblings have had some of my (bad) credit listed on there CRA's and I have some of their things listed on mine.

There are quite a few collection agencies that I have paid in full recently but nothings shows on my report except for the fact that some of them have requested a credit report. These collection agencies do have all of my proper information.

My question is, do CRA's reassign things such as debt collection agency collections to the proper person after the item is deleted due to wrongful entry?

[Edit by liv2rev on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 01:21 AM]

</blockquote>Originally posted by liv2rev

My question is, do CRA's reassign things such as debt collection agency collections to the proper person after the item is deleted due to wrongful entry?

</blockquote>

It sounds like what you're asking is will your deleted bad stuff show up on your brothers/sisters reports and theirs show up on yours.

Hard to say, but once an item is deleted from a credit report the CRA cannot reinsert it without FIRST giving you a 5-day notice that they are going to reinsert it!

It's possible that the CRA, while verifying the disputed items, might shuffle some info.

Have you disputed all the incorrect names, addresses and birtdates on YOUR reports?

Start there, see if some stuff drops and then start disputing the baddies.

If you need some help, we are here for you and we've all been down this road.

<blockquote>Originally posted by liv2rev

Not all of the time do they match the collection to the right person.

But you should definately dispute with the credit reporting agency. All the incorrect data you see showing up on yours. Also give the others a heads up to do so as well.

Make sure they have your full name; address; date of birth; & social security number. Recommend including copy of your drivers license (mark out the DL#) with request for them to un-mix your file. Would even take the time to dispute the accounts you want to bump off in the same swoop; see what may come.

</blockquote>