How long for inquires?

How long does an inquiry stay on your CR?

I have several from T-Mobile and Providian that I don't understand. I never applied to T-Mobile for anything. Wrote to them to request removal of inquiries thru PF. They emailed me stating they do not track inquiries and I would have to contact the CRAs to get items removed. How should I proceed with that? Providian account has been closed (by me) for quite some time yet there are inquiries every few months on my CR. Who should I dispute those with, CRA or Providian? I have several from 2001 for a car loan. How can I tell if they are being scored seperately? Once again I want to thank you for all the help this board has given me... :)

[Edit by C Whitney on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 @ 08:13 AM]

Inquiries stay on your report for 2 years. Are the inquiries you are asking about hard or soft inquiries? You can attempt to dispute these through the cra's as never having applied with the companies. Also, as far as T-mobile, I would use the sample letter in the Sample Letters section of this website to dispute those directly with t-mobile.

paw67

EQ is awesome for taking off inquiries, just gove them a call and tell them the inquiries are not yours.

I got 8 off in 1 call (all different ones too) and utman just posted he/she was successful getting 9 off over the phone with EQ.

TU is a PITA about inquiries, anyone will tell you that. As far as EX, havint had much success with them either! :(

<blockquote>Originally posted by morrow

EQ is awesome for taking off inquiries, just gove them a call and tell them the inquiries are not yours.

I got 8 off in 1 call (all different ones too) and utman just posted he/she was successful getting 9 off over the phone with EQ.

TU is a PITA about inquiries, anyone will tell you that. As far as EX, havint had much success with them either! :(

</blockquote>

The number I have for EQ is 800 685 1111 is this the number you used to dispute the inquiries?