First American Registry

Hi all. I just got a copy of my rental history from First American Registry, and there are ERRORS on there. First American Registry is a CRA that deals more specifically with rental history, but also takes credit into account. They give you a SCOREX number, and list any issues with rental history and your credit. A low SCOREX can effect your ability to rent as I understand it. The lower the number, the more likely you could be denied at apartment communities. There is an item on there from an apartment I moved out of in January 1997, after I gave them notice that I would be moving. They put on there a "failure to pay rent" for both that month AND the next. I sent back the dispute form, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had experience with them and had success with having items removed. Thanks!

There are a few different ways to obtain your registry report. If you've been denied anytime in the past 60 days, you can get a free copy by calling (888) 881-3400, or by writing to: First American Registry, Inc. 11140 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20850. Their fax number is (301) 816-1744. If you just want to check your report, you can do this but there is a cost involved depending on what state you live in (this is similar to getting your reports from the "big 3" CRA's). With this report, I also got a copy of my Equifax report as well, which will save me another inquiry to them because there are STILL things needing to be corrected. The Registry is a nationwide rental reporting agency. Some places further midwest and west also report to rentalhistory.com (I believe), and if there is anything reported to them, you can obtain their report for free.