I have been looking around at mortgages and most lenders

use the tri merge and use the middle score. However they

examine all the detail on the others including your lower

one. Unfortunetly they usually make you PAY any unpdaid

collections! That is why it is important to make sure all

three reports are clean. Sorry for the bad news but it

seems to be the case. If any of you come across a mortgage lender

that only uses one bureau; please share the information. My

credit bureau lets you pick the cb you want on credit cards only.

• 1 month later...

<blockquote>Originally posted by fixmycredit

</blockquote>

I talked to someone at Fleet, and I was told that they do an avg of the 3, and that 620 youre in the door. At 680, youre like Prime Rib to them.

<blockquote>Originally posted by fixmycredit

</blockquote>

When we bought our house, they made us pay EVERYTHING that was negative on our reports. They even found an old DR. bill from a Dr. that was no longer living and we had to pay his wife.

We also had to get letters from ALL credit card companies that had been closed but showing up bad on our reports. It was a nightmare for us. I tell everyone to clean up your reports BEFORE you even think about buying a home. It makes it so much easier and less stressful. Liz

<blockquote>Originally posted by Lizzy

When we bought our house, they made us pay EVERYTHING that was negative on our reports. They even found an old DR. bill from a Dr. that was no longer living and we had to pay his wife.

We also had to get letters from ALL credit card companies that had been closed but showing up bad on our reports. It was a nightmare for us. I tell everyone to clean up your reports BEFORE you even think about buying a home. It makes it so much easier and less stressful. Liz

</blockquote>

What I been doing, is getting letters from companies that I pay off, even if they delete thier TLs, I still get a letter-JUST IN CASE. Most are happy to oblige to it, while others, you got to beg to get one from them. The toughest ones I have is a repo that will be tied up in court for another possible 2 years (only shows on EX), and an OC, whose in-house collector, violated many rules, and is being handled by the AGs office. Other than that, I am almost there, and I know ALMOST only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades, and the date of a lifetime that gets away.

Boyfriend works for a mortgage broker. Of course the score matters BUT it also matters whether #1 - if you are just trying to refinance and if that's the case, they take the LTV into account as well. Just talked to him. Credit, Income and Equity are what they take into consideration. They can not base the loan solely on one credit score. They base it on the programs that are out there and where you fit in. You would be surprised!

ALso, as an example, not all mortgage cos use the tri-merge. First Indiana Mortgage (for PA residents) only use TransUnion.

If anyone is looking to do a mortgage, I can put you in touch with the boyfriend (his co. is licensed in MD, PA, VA, DE, CO and FL). Just send me an email at ericasf@msn.com. don't mean to solicit. But don't want to see people get screwed either.

<blockquote>Originally posted by ericasf

ALso, as an example, not all mortgage cos use the tri-merge. First Indiana Mortgage (for PA residents) only use TransUnion.

If anyone is looking to do a mortgage, I can put you in touch with the boyfriend (his co. is licensed in MD, PA, VA, DE, CO and FL). Just send me an email at ericasf@msn.com. don't mean to solicit. But don't want to see people get screwed either.

</blockquote>

The problem with TU, is that the PAID Collections are reporting as "Open" Accounts. I have been trying for 2 years, to get them to report as closed. Also, TU wont remove that Fraud Alert, or my consumer statement, although I sent in 3 requests to have it removed.