applying for home depot CC

I want to apply for a Home Depot CC...my score with experian is 690..score with TU is 699, and equifax is 707. I have never been late with any of my CC's and have no derogatory info on my CR. What are the chances of me getting a CC with Home Depot?

Also: I am closing on my house in 2 days. Should I apply for the Home Depot card before I close on house or do it after I'm a home owner? Which would look better to Home Depot as far as approving me and giving me a credit limit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<blockquote>Originally posted by VeeGee

I want to apply for a Home Depot CC...my score with experian is 690..score with TU is 699, and equifax is 707. I have never been late with any of my CC's and have no derogatory info on my CR. What are the chances of me getting a CC with Home Depot?

Also: I am closing on my house in 2 days. Should I apply for the Home Depot card before I close on house or do it after I'm a home owner? Which would look better to Home Depot as far as approving me and giving me a credit limit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

</blockquote>

They pulled EQ for me and my score was 670 at the time. I got an instant approval with a 750.00 limit . I filled out the application online and knew in a matter of seconds. Liz

WERT...so you think if I apply for a Home Depot CC as a home owner would give me a higher credit limit? I don't know if Home Depot looks at credit limits of other CC's a person has. I have 1 platinum card, the limit is $6000, and they just reduced my rate to 9.0%... and 2 gold cards, 1 has a limit for $9600, the other for $6000. I have 2 other cards from dept. stores which have very low balances. Would you know if Home Depot takes this into consideration when applying a credit limit? Thanx

I think Home Depot goes by score, My reasoning is that last fall when I applied at a store, they only asked for my annual income (Ihad just been laid off so I was not working) and when they entered the info in the terminal, it came approvaled with a limit of $1125 almost instantly.

[Edit by Crabjoe on Saturday, May 17, 2003 @ 05:20 PM]

What was your score crabjoe? I need a high credit limit...going to use the Home Depot card to fix up my house :(. I know they have something like a home improvement CC in Home Depot, maybe I should apply for that card instead?

I have no idea on what my credit score is. And because I've become so frugal, I can't seem to buy buy a score or even a credit report. Infact, I just requested my free annual copy of my credit report from the 3 agencies (Maryland law allows for 1 free copy a year). My buddy is bugging me to pull my score because he wants to compare it to his (Fico 666 and he got declined for a Citi Bank Card), so I might have a number for ya once I get him to pay for it. BTW the reason I got so cheap is because up until a couple years ago, I could barely make ends meets. I had close to 40K in credit card debit alone when I got into the mess, that I'm finally getting out of without any late or missed payments.

[Edit by Crabjoe on Saturday, May 17, 2003 @ 09:19 PM]

Well guys...I went to Home Depot and applied for a CC...I was approved for a $500 credit limit. I told the person doing the app that I was worth more than $500, that I know I have good credit and have much higher limits on other CC's. I also told him that if they cannot give me a higher limit...I don't want the damn card. They made a phone call, asked me what my entire household income is and asked me what limit I wanted. I told them anywhere from $5000 to $10,000. I got a $5500 credit limit with HOME DEPOT!!!!!!!! They also told me if I wanted a higher limit to call a number they gave me and I would get it. So it just goes to show you...if you really do have good credit and you are aware of it...you CAN ask for the credit limit you want or need or better yet...what you earned!!

[Edit by VeeGee on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 @ 06:09 PM]

Crabjoe...I didn't make the call, they did right in the store. They said if you buy something...let's say for $1000 and your limit is for $750...you can go to customer service in the store and ask them for an increase. But I just looked on my temporary CC and found a number, you can call it and try? 800-677-0232. If you have good credit and don't like the credit limit they gave you...demand a higher one..but be nice about it lol. If you don't have great credit...then tell them you want to buy something that is over your credit limit and would they please increase your credit line. I do know for sure they look at Experian only when granting credit and increases. I was right there when they put my app thru the puter and saw it for myself. I asked them too...and they told me they only look at Experian. You have nothing to lose by trying....Good luck

Tahnks for the number VeeGee!!

I wonder if they changed which CRA they use... I just pulled TU, EX and EQ and my Home Depot credit pull was on my Equifax report. Infact all my hard pulls that were still listed were on Equifax. It made me think that EX and TU were useless.

[Edit by Crabjoe on Friday, May 23, 2003 @ 07:53 PM]

Your welcome ;)...there will be pulls on all 3 CRA's, but for approvals they look at Experian report. At least, that is what the manager in the store told me. Maybe in different states, they look at Ex too. I also learned something else...you can put all combined income from the household on the application. The higher the better...so if you already have a Home Depot card, just tell them that the income in your household has increased, and you would like a high credit limit. They may ask how much the combined income is...so be ready with a figure ( make one up lol) If your credit is good...insist on it! If it's fair...just ask for a $1000-$3000 increase. The manager told me that if you are buying something and it takes you above your limit, just ask for the increase and most likely you will get it. It's worth a try. If they don't give it to you now...ask again in a few weeks. Good luck :)

[Edit by VeeGee on Friday, May 23, 2003 @ 10:54 PM]