Delaying tactic from Equifax ?

I sent Equifax a CMRR letter disputing previous addresses and just got a letter back in about a week saying that i should have included a copy of my social secuirty card and license to prove identity. the only thing is that I DID send a copy of these things along with my letter.

How can i put the screws to Equifax in this situation. I just feel like they like they are screwing me around and im anxious to start the verification process with them. The only thing is that I want to things right the first time by getting rid of anythig that might put me in a disadvantage when i start the initial "not mine" letter.

I would contact the BBB and AG in your state straight-away and file a complaint. This is a delay tactic plain and simple and one I am hearing more and more. Collectively, maybe can expose the CRA's buisness practices.

Anyone have any luck taking countermeasures against this stall tactic. Obviously, the OP sent the proper documentation in and if that does not work well what then?

• 2 weeks later...

this happened to me to.

they have an old address of mine on file so when i try to order my credit report through their automqated system it only has my old address on file so i can't even access my report. i have sent them a copy of my s.s card and a picture i.d 2 weeks ago and still nothing. even online i cant access. i was wondering has anyone ever tried planet feedback. i have seen it posted here a lot. any good results.

I had same problem w/ Credit Bureau of Baton Rouge. Finally got fed up, filed online complaint w/ FTC.. No response other than they gave me a file # stating that they had received.

Finally a couple weeks ago, I filed online complaint with Louisiana Attorney General, got reply that they would forward to CBR.

Friday, May 30, 2003, I called Credit Bureau and got the person in charge (the one who had been in meetings for 3 months prior :rolleyes: ) and she was VERY cooperative. She wanted to know what she could do to make me happy ;) , as she had complaint from AG and had to respond. Got one Chargeoff deleted on the spot. They are however still showing two items in dispute as per privacy guard on 5/31/03.

Guess I will call her back tommorow.

Anyway, file complaint w/ your states AG. Seems to be the best bet. BBB Forget em, they are not worth a crap.

Oh yeah - She had me on Speaker Phone and kept referencing the Supervisor that I had been talking to. I told her I hoped she was listening also because I wanted her to know that she was a sorry [expletive deleted] that didn't have a clue :p

Robert

[Edit by robert0826 on Sunday, June 1, 2003 @ 08:47 PM]

As a followup to my initial post, I didnt bother answering to their document request and they ended up deleting the address info. I think I'll chalk this one up to an incompetent $9/hour dopes they've got working there. I was just curious if Equifax just sends these letters to everyone to lengthen their dispute time.

Thanks for the tip with the AG to get some results.

Just be careful with getting the AG involved. I did that with TU and they flagged me, and all I did was ask them to check their computers to see why a tradeline wasn't being reinserted from the OC. Didn't mention lawsuit or anything like that either.